Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I think I'm a bit nervous about it, LOL

I sort of want a puppy cut, but want the face and legs longer..not too short on the body...as you can see in his new pics, he's really shaggy. I don't think the thick hair has come in yet. His hair is pin straight.

Are there different types of haircuts for Maltese beside the standard and puppy cut?

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
I suggest you look through pictures on this forum and find one of a cut that you like. Print it out and take it with you.....it doesn't matter how well you describe it to the groomer, a picture is worth a thousand words.

......this is from my experience anyway....

also stress that you do NOT want the legs shaved down, just trimmed. Otherwise he may end up with chicken legs!!!:w00t:

Looking forward to seeing pictures of Rocky next week :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suggest you look through pictures on this forum and find one of a cut that you like. Print it out and take it with you.....it doesn't matter how well you describe it to the groomer, a picture is worth a thousand words.

......this is from my experience anyway....

also stress that you do NOT want the legs shaved down, just trimmed. Otherwise he may end up with chicken legs!!!:w00t:

Looking forward to seeing pictures of Rocky next week :thumbsup:
Thanks...took pics..

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Yes, I agree, make sure to take soem pictures and repeat that you don't want the legs shaved. I told my groomer like three time to please leave it long - just trim it ever so slightly to even it out, but to def. trim the paws. Looking forward to the pics :)

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Awwwww...what a wonderful "first" for you AND your baby! Definitely post pics after--he'll be adorable (I mean, even MORE adorable)!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi, he is soooooooooooo cute!!
Just curious, how old is he to have hair like that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts