Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the first time I decided to groom Romo myself. After being disappointed so many times at 3 different groomers I thought I'd give it a try. Mind you I don't have a grooming table or the best tools.

What do you think of Romo's haircut? I cut his face, beard,ears and body. :biggrin: Both his front legs were shaved down to the bone by the vet for his neuter a couple weeks ago so still looks funny.

Since I took pics of Romo I took a couple of Suri. I wasn't prepared to take Suri's pictures but here she is anyways.

This pic is after his bath.
View attachment 86194 View attachment 86196

View attachment 86197 View attachment 86198

View attachment 86230 View attachment 86229

·
Registered
847 Posts
Wow! That's really good! I'm sure you'll figure out your own little tricks and methods along the way to make it even better.

You must be super relieved that you don't have to worry anymore about putting him in the hands of groomers if you don't want to...

What did you use on him? Just scissors, or..?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
awww there's my little handsome romo! :wub::wub::wub: you did an awesome job and personally, i think you did a better job than most groomers! he looks adorable like a sweet puppy!

and little princess suri.....she's getting prettier and prettier everyday :wub::wub::wub: she looks like such a sweet and gentle girl

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
I love his haircut! It is precious on him!! Suri is a little doll!!! I cut my girls hair, only because we have groomers here and I don't they they adhere to sanitary conditions.........Keep up the good work!!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Bravo!! You did a great job on his haircut!! Did you use scissors or one of those shaver things? Romo is such a cutie!!

And Suri!! lol- she is a beauty queen in training!! I love her too!! They're both so White!!!

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
Soo - He looks great. You're so brave. You really can't tell about his legs anymore from the IV either. He's so handsome:wub::wub: And how could you not take pictures of Suri.:heart: Life is good.

·
Registered
183 Posts
You did an awesome job, Soo! :D I'm gonna need to learn how to groom when I have my baby. And as always, Romo and Suri are both gorgeous!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
he looks adorable , how were u able to give him such a perfect cut for the first time? .. what did u use , scissors , or clippers , u did an awesome job on his face too !!! both of them are gorgeous , and suri well shes just beautiful.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
that's an awesome job for your first attempt . . . .that's tremendous savings on grooming expenses . . .the money can go towards spending more on the little princess :wub:. Speaking of which she is just sooo darn cute, cute, cute, cute . . .

loving her mini clip. SeRi has a couple of those too from Shinyoung but I have yet to try it on her . .she wiggles too much when it comes to brushing :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks awesome! Good job. I hope some day I can get to that point, but I love my groomer and they always do such an amazing job on him.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Wow, what a great job...what did you use on him? He looks so cute and ofcourse Suri does too, how could you resist taking pics of her..what a little beauty.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
That was your first try in grooming? Wow, I'm really impressed, you did a fantastic job!
Romo looks so sweet with his new haircut!

And your little baby Suri is really darling ..., love her sweet face and the little clip in her hair! :wub:
I also have some of them for Ullana in the form of little hearts!

Alexandra

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you everyone for the compliments. Yes, it was my very first time. :) I have never even used clippers before but gave it a try. I originally bought clippers just to do his belly but the other day I just wanted to give it a try and do it all. :thumbsup: I used clippers (different sizes) and shears and thinning shears.

Suri says thank you for allowing her to be included. :heart:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Simply adorable babies you have---and fabulous job at grooming. You GO, girl!

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Romo looks fantabulous!! Great job.:aktion033: And for not being prepared to take pics of Suri, she looked camera ready.:wub: Both your babies are just adorable.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts