Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,949 Posts
I really freak out from the mention of that word just because I have had some bad experiences.. but that is just me... my friend has no issues at all and yes she sleeps throught it... .. Anyway.. I really hate dentist needels... other ones I can hadel but the dentist is trumatizing for me. So they give me gas the one you breath in it calms me down.. then he give me the needel, but by the time the gas kicks in I can't feel the needel anymore so that is the good part ,every thing after that is a easy.. then just close your eyes so you don't see anything. you will be fine. Depending on the tooth it can be two or three appointments. then depending on how weak the tooth is you may also need a crown to protect it...

· Registered
1,949 Posts
The real pain is the pain you will feel in your wallet![/B]
That is the truth. i had two root canals last year.. now I need two crowns... I'm trying to figure out how to pay for it. We have coverage but you still have to pay first... I also whish they could knock you out for a crown.. is it the same procedure as a filling?

· Registered
1,949 Posts
Originally posted by sassy14830@Oct 11 2005, 04:56 PM
thanks for all the support. My whole face has been hurting the past week because of this tooth. The Dr. said I needed this done because he saw a major infection under my roots of this tooth. He put me on anitbiotics but I called today because I can tell the infection is spreading. My upper gums on that side are very swollen and painful. They called in a pain med for me but I will just take some advil and try to rest. I will just me glad to get this over with.  :new_Eyecrazy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=108546
[/QUOTE]

oh no you poor thing... i have been there this year actually. for me they had to change my anticbiotics because it was spreading too, but i could not take penicillan.
When do you go in... for the root canal... the advil should help as well with the pain ...they gave me ibporphin for the inflimation. I do hope you feel better soon.

· Registered
1,949 Posts
Originally posted by TheButtercup@Oct 11 2005, 06:42 PM
my first root canal was so quick and painless that i went back to work later that afternoon.  my second one, well, that was the one i call the "impromptu facial reconstruction appointment"...  i went in for some pain, and the dentist said "what i'd like to do, is perform a root canal on this one...how about right now?"  EEEEK!!!  it was on the lower jaw, which i'd always heard was much worse than the upper, and in my case, that was very true.  i was out of work for 3 days, doped up on whatever i could get the dentist to prescribe LOL, and i am NOT a "medicator", i usually refuse any types of medication.  i think it was just misery, not actual pain LOL.
anyway, the actual process was pretty easy.  i was knocked out, and didnt feel a thing.  my dentist had tv's on the ceiling and you got headsets with a remote control, too, so i thought "certainly i can find something to occupy myself with!" but it was late morning, so i had little choices other than springer, rikki, or montel.  bleecchhhh.  so i turned on c-span and fell asleep LOL

you'll be fine.  just be sure to have someone drive you there and home.  i didnt, and realllllly would have benefitted even from a cab ride home, even though it was like 20 miles thru atlanta traffic LOL.

how about we all have a margarita in your honor?  that should make you feel better.  you'll like it, i make great ones!!!!!

ann marie and the "whoooohooooo! out comes the blender!" buttercup
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=108576
[/QUOTE]

Hey i'm with you on that... cheers!!

· Registered
1,949 Posts
Originally posted by sassy14830@Oct 12 2005, 06:31 PM
well it was today went good but they had to refer me to an endo person to do the other two roots they were a little odd. So I have to go back and finish this next wednesday. The pain isnt too bad but my face is killing me from the infection not the root canal. I have an infection that was resistant to amoxicillin so the changed my meds. my face is swollen all the way up to my eyes. I love my Prissy she is sooo good to me when I'm sick. She is the best she slept with me all day and she comes over to my face about every hour to lick me and make sure i'm ok. Then she lays back down. I love these fluffbutts. What would we do without them?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=108964
[/QUOTE]

I'm glad it went well the swelling will go down soon once the meds kick in two days it took mine to got down.. my face was swollen from infection as well just like you discribe I could not open my right eye.. then finally the medication kicked in.
our puppies always seem to known when your not feeling well. They are so sweet.
Take care and get lots of rest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.