Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for the rounded scissors, does anybody know what brands to buy or where to buy them cheap?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
AJ, at first I just used the small rounded tip scissors from like CVS or something. They should be in the makeup aisle near the tweezers. I didn't like them that much because the ones I got were curved, but after lots of practice and after the boys learned to sit still for grooming, I just decided to use my eyebrow scissors lol. They are the same size as the rounded tip ones, but they have a pointy end and cost a whole lot more. Petco should have some, but I'm sure like everything else there the prices are going to be crazy.
cvs scissors

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Well, you want to buy them cheap but don't get a cheap pair... there is a difference. There is nothing worse than cheap scissors that don't cut very well. I've had the pair pictured below for probably 15 years and they still work great!

They are 4.25 inches long. There are some that look sort of like them at PetEdge for $20.99. These look really nice Here is a photo and info:
Scissors at Pet Edge

Dubl Duck Straight Shear with Ball Tip 4 Inch

Dubl Duck® Shears Offer High-Quality Performance

These premium, high-quality Dubl Duck shears are made in Solingen, Germany from ice-tempered stainless steel for long-lasting, extra sharp edges. Ear & Nose Shears feature ball tips for added safety and adjustable tension screws. 4" straight shears come in a vinyl case.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks evryone, youre right K/C, I want to buy one for a cheap price, just not cheap quality

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Aug 27 2005, 08:34 PM
Well, you want to buy them cheap but don't get a cheap pair... there is a difference. There is nothing worse than cheap scissors that don't cut very well. I've had the pair pictured below for probably 15 years and they still work great!

They are 4.25 inches long. There are some that look sort of like them at PetEdge for $20.99. These look really nice Here is a photo and info:
Scissors at Pet Edge

These premium, high-quality Dubl Duck shears are made in Solingen, Germany from ice-tempered stainless steel for long-lasting, extra sharp edges. Ear & Nose Shears feature ball tips for added safety and adjustable tension screws. 4" straight shears come in a vinyl case.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94561
[/QUOTE]
The first pair look just like the ones I got at PetsMart.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Aug 27 2005, 10:49 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@Aug 27 2005, 08:34 PM

Scissors at Pet Edge

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94561
The first pair look just like the ones I got at PetsMart.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94578
[/B][/QUOTE]

That's probably them! I most likely got them at Petland since back in 1990 we didn't have PetSmart here or any other pet store other than Petland.....

·
Registered
751 Posts
Ok so now we have the scissors but how do I get the little guy to sit still. He hates to be cut around his face. (Can't say I blame him) He really needs to have a little trim around his eyes, and mouth. I loved seeing his little black mouth but now the hair is covering it up.

How long does it take for our little ones to settle down? Tucker is 19 weeks old and a little ball of fire. He lets me brush him but forget the scissors!!!!

Any idea's ?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by ConnieVa@Aug 28 2005, 07:24 AM
Ok so now we have the scissors but how do I get the little guy to sit still.  He hates to be cut around his face.  (Can't say I blame him)  He really needs to have a little trim around his eyes, and mouth.  I loved seeing his little black mouth but now the hair is covering it up.

How long does it take for our little ones to settle down?  Tucker is 19 weeks old and a little ball of fire.  He lets me brush him but forget the scissors!!!!

Any idea's ?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94632
[/QUOTE]
I clip around Rosie's eyes when she is very tired and sleepy. She hardly even notices it, I get too worried when she is awake and squirming.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts