Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so before I moved Tini would sleep through the whole night. She was using the puppy pad too.

Since we have moved and she is being re-trained to go outside she is up at 4:45 almost every morning (on the off mornings she is up no later then 5:30). I take her outside, don't put any lights on, no talking or anything. Well she now refuses to go back to sleep. This is no matter what time we go to bed. We went to bed around 1 the other night and she was up at 4:45.
I am just at my wits end. She has now taken to crying and scratching at my door from after she does her business to 6:40 when I get up for work.

I know I'm just going to have to "deal" with her being downstairs in the laundry room, but do I just let her cry and bark?

Of course, I am going out of town tomorrow too, so my parents are watching her and are going to have to start the new training...

I just need suggestions I guess... has anyone else had this happen?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Apr 28 2005, 09:13 AM
Okay, so before I moved Tini would sleep through the whole night. She was using the puppy pad too.

Since we have moved and she is being re-trained to go outside she is up at 4:45 almost every morning (on the off mornings she is up no later then 5:30). I take her outside, don't put any lights on, no talking or anything. Well she now refuses to go back to sleep. This is no matter what time we go to bed. We went to bed around 1 the other night and she was up at 4:45.
I am just at my wits end. She has now taken to crying and scratching at my door from after she does her business to 6:40 when I get up for work.

I know I'm just going to have to "deal" with her being downstairs in the laundry room, but do I just let her cry and bark?

Of course, I am going out of town tomorrow too, so my parents are watching her and are going to have to start the new training...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57568
[/QUOTE]

What if after you take her out in the morning and she goes you take her to bed w/ you for a few extra hours of sleep?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by dhodina+Apr 28 2005, 10:29 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-nataliecmu
@Apr 28 2005, 09:13 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57568
What if after you take her out in the morning and she goes you take her to bed w/ you for a few extra hours of sleep?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57569
[/B][/QUOTE]

I wish! That's what we have been trying, but she refuses to sleep. She won't even stay on my bed...

·
Registered
608 Posts
Oh.... I guess I should feel very lucky. I have to drag Tunder out of bed in the morning. Some mornings he sleeps and doesn't go out til after I am out of the shower. I swear he is the most divaish male!

Ohhhh wait I got an idea. If you have to leave her in the laundry room what about giving her something special that she only gets right when she comes in and has to work to chew. We used to stuff kongs for Ranger, take the prewrapped sliced cheese (its pasturized) and some jerky type treats, tear them both up into small pieces and layer them inside a kong alternateing cheese and jerky. Microwave for like 15 seconds. Its is really smelly so she will be encouraged to try to lick it all out. It occupies Ranger for hours.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
In the same vein what about one of the twist and treats? I think she's just awake in unfamiliar surrounding (you said you just moved?) and wants something to do. It might be worth a try.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Apr 28 2005, 10:33 AM
yea...but that doesn't change that she is only sleeping for about 4.5 hours a night. I guess I should have clarified. Maybe I will start taking her for longer walks now that it is getting nice out...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57599
[/QUOTE]

If she is anything like Tunny she is sleeping quite abit when you aren't home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts