Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
What Royal canine do you give for your dog maltese or what dry food do you reccomend?
We started with Royal Canin x-small puppy kibble and starter wet food, then at 10 months switched to adult wet food and x-small adult dry. Most good dog foods are having shortages currently, so I stock up when I can. pups just turned 1 and we plan to discuss our food choice to be sure we are giving them the best food for their health at their next vet visit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Where are you finding the x-small adult dry?
Sometimes on chewy.com, or pet smart or petco. Where we live, they generally have none or very limited supply. Pet smart and petco deliver here as well. It’s really hard to find, sometimes it takes a couple weeks to find - I search way before we need it.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Toy dog

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks! I guess my timing has been off, but my old girl seems to be doing quite well on the Yorkshire terrier version! Reading labels was quite interesting. There was so much difference between various small breed formulas, even to the basic proteins.

Your dogs are so, so cute!
Aww, thank you! They are our cuddle buddies - Lucy is only about 4.5 pounds and Ricky about 6.5. They are very entertaining!! Glad the Yorkie version of Royal Canin is working for you! You probably should keep checking on the availability of the food - a lot of the good dog foods are in short supply. So frustrating!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts