Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I'm not really sure if this would work or what type of carpet cleaning machine you have, but you could try a product like Oxy-Clean diluted in water. Maybe if you check their website. Another suggestion would be to contact the carpet cleaner manufacturer to see if they have any recommendations or special products. You also may want to look into getting a "fiber sealer" for your carpet. It's kind of like scotchguard. My neighbor uses it on her rugs twice a year. We have antique orientals, so they are not treated, nor is the puppy allowed anywhere near them. She's confined to a small area of my kitchen right now.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Basically Oxiclean is a dry form of hydrogen peroxide. It will take out organic stains like urine, blood, sweat, food, etc. It is not very effective in getting up dirt.

As for the fiber seal, she has her carpets professionally done. I have seen products advertised, and I think I saw something at Bed Bath and Beyond that does this. I would definitely check out the Hoover site and see if they have any tips.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.