Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My younger daughter will leave a week from today for Rwanda for almost a month and I would appreciate any prayers for her well-being. She is a Projects Coordinator for an International Humanitarian organization that provides safe drinking water & hygiene to developing countries. She will be leading a small team.

She is excited and at the same time apprehensive about the situation there. I, of course, am pleased at her life-investment but I know some of the dangers and, I am happy I don't know them ALL! She already suffers from resurfacing malaria from when she spent 6 months in upper western Uganda as a college student. I know that is one of the better things that she could have!

I know we all live busy lives---but if God brings her to mind---do send up a prayer for her well being! (her name is Lina)

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
will definitely be praying for her safety , god bless what she does and what she is doing , and may god keep her out of harms way .

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
You and Lina are in my prayers for safety and comfort.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Praying for you and Lina. What a committed, altruistic young woman she must be. You must be so proud, and of course worried because you're a mom. I wish he luck on her endeavors, safe travels and good health. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I will certainly pray for your daughter's safety. I understand your apprehension as my son travels and has a dangerous job. Surround her with Holy Angels to guide and protect her and bring her home safely in your prayer. It does bring peace.!! She must be very brave.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Lina will be in our prayers and thoughts. I love what she's committed her life's work to...and I love her name. You have a lot to be proud of in her!! xoxo

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Heavenly Father what a wonderful opportunity for Lina to give of herself to others, Lord may your arms of protection wrap around Lina, keep her healthy and in your will, may she be so blessed by this trip, I also ask for a peace to come to Sandi's heart, calm her mom fears. Thank you Lord for young women who will give time in their busy lives to help others. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

·
Premium Member
17,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you to ALL of you! Today I remembered Jer.32:27 (I am the God of all mankind, is anything too hard for me?) as a reminder to myself. :thumbsup:
I will still count on those prayers. :smhelp:
My DH spoke w/her by phone today & she was feeling "not well" from some of the meds. she has to take in preparation of leaving. I know this is part of the normal.
I will post later after she arrives IF we can communicate!
:wub:

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Of course I'll keep you and Lina in my prayers and thoughts, Sandi!

Hope she'll do better soon! Probably those meds are very strong.

Alexandra :wub:

·
Premium Member
17,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update:
Thank you for prayers. We spoke w/her on Wed. at the airport in San Francisco---her traveling partner misread the schedule & missed her out-bound flight! So she is ALONE. She also had an unscheduled stop in Chgo! I am assuming she arrived some time tonight in Rwanda---but no word so far. Heart thump!
We are praying her travel- partner can be rescheduled & will meet up w/her somewhere. We don't like the idea of her being alone, but realize we have NO control outside of prayer! Thanks for joining in w/this adventure of faith.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Update:
Thank you for prayers. We spoke w/her on Wed. at the airport in San Francisco---her traveling partner misread the schedule & missed her out-bound flight! So she is ALONE. She also had an unscheduled stop in Chgo! I am assuming she arrived some time tonight in Rwanda---but no word so far. Heart thump!
We are praying her travel- partner can be rescheduled & will meet up w/her somewhere. We don't like the idea of her being alone, but realize we have NO control outside of prayer! Thanks for joining in w/this adventure of faith.
Sandi - in my religion we'd say "oy." :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: but I'm absolutely sure that your daughter will be fine. Just a little hiccup in the grand scheme. However, I think I'd have your daughter in charge of future logistics. :thumbsup: I know as a mom, you can't help but worry, but I know she's a smart, committed girl and God will be looking over her and guiding her and your prayers will be heard. Sending mine too. :hugging:

·
Premium Member
17,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sandi - in my religion we'd say "oy." :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: but I'm absolutely sure that your daughter will be fine. Just a little hiccup in the grand scheme. However, I think I'd have your daughter in charge of future logistics. :thumbsup: I know as a mom, you can't help but worry, but I know she's a smart, committed girl and God will be looking over her and guiding her and your prayers will be heard. Sending mine too. :hugging:
:HistericalSmiley:
Funny that you say that Susan---my daughter WAS in charge of everything---she just didn't spend the night w/this lady to get her on the plane! I think some people have less experience w/traveling---what can I say!
Thank you for sending prayers. She is 33 yrs. old so I gave up w/high control a while ago (now just manage low-control :). . . I will, however, never stop worrying as a mom! I trust God, it is the rest of the world I am concerned about. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
I know all about the worry when you're a mom. My son is 33 too and I worry over everything and he's only a few hours away. :blush:
I'll add you and Lina in my prayers.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts