Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I love KV Vet. I have also ordered rx from Revival, but I think they've stopped carrying prescription meds. I ordered from petmeds.com a few years ago, but haven't heard very good things about them lately.

The one I hear the most positive feedback about lately, that even vets use them, is vetcentric:

http://www.vetcentric.com/

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by LadysMom@Oct 6 2005, 11:05 AM
I love KV Vet. I have also ordered rx from Revival, but I think they've stopped carrying prescription meds. I ordered from petmeds.com a few years ago, but haven't heard very good things about them lately.

The one I hear the most positive feedback about lately, that even vets use them, is vetcentric:

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=107135
[/QUOTE]
Thanks LadysMom: KV Vet has it but is $8. more per 30 tabs than Drs.F&S, Revival doesn't carry, Vetcentric seems to only sell RXs to vets. Usually Drs.F&S are the highest---I didn't check the shipping........maybe that's the catch.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Frosty's Mom+Oct 6 2005, 01:14 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LadysMom
@Oct 6 2005, 11:05 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=107135
Thanks LadysMom: KV Vet has it but is $8. more per 30 tabs than Drs.F&S, Revival doesn't carry, Vetcentric seems to only sell RXs to vets. Usually Drs.F&S are the highest---I didn't check the shipping........maybe that's the catch.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=107137
[/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah check the shipping at each site. I have priced somethings and found that sometimes the price might be more at but when you add shipping it is less. I know 80% of KV Vets inventory has free shipping.

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VetCentric seems to be the prefered one in the previous mentioned thread. I checked their website and am a little confused about how to get their prescriptions. Anyone using them currently let me know how it works.......Other online pharmacys tell you to have the vet fax or call them with the RX, then you place the order yourself and pay directly to the place you order from. I got the impression that the complete order process with VetCentric is done through the vet issuing the RX. Does that mean you pay through your own vet? How do you get prices so you'll know if they are competitive? Drs. FosterSmith have a downloadable FAX form to give to the vet to be used by the vet. I gave one to my vet's assistant and asked them to FAX it to FosterSmith, and they seemed relutant...they had done it to EntirelyPets for me before---but as I said before I didn't like EP's service. It took forever.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I know this topic was old, but I was wondering where everyone is ordering their heartworm medicines now? I got the last at 1800 petmeds, but then everyone said that was not a good place to get it. Is Dr Fosters and Smith a good place to order from. I also need to order the k9 Advantix, I bought just one tube for $15.95 today at the vet, it was almost $60 for 4 pk.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I always purchase meds from our vet. They will deliver the meds to your home at no additional cost and they are competitive with national vet pharmacies. I can also pick up for the same price. To me, it's worth it because I never have to wait a long time for delivery and if there is a mistake, it's really no big deal to return.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I always buy at the vets. That way I know the medicine is going to work. I mentioned once before that my vet had a sign up saying not to buy heartworm medicine from the Internet because they had had a rash of heartworm cases and all of them had gotten their meds via the Internet. They lowered their prices to match the Internet, so people would get the proper medicine.

I just don't trust that the medicine from the Internet is fresh, has been stored properly, etc. And I would never take any chances with my babies to save a few dollars. But that's me... everyone has to do what feels right to them.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
I always get the meds from the vet. There was a FDA warning ( last year I think) about bogus Frontline sold via internet and even some chain stores. The packaging looked very real..problems was the dose was found to often not be correct as stated on the box. So a pooch could be getting too much or too little.
Our vet charges $18 for 6 month supply of Heartgard, the 4 pack of Advantix is $48. Since it was first time use for Naddie they usually advise to get the one to be sure there is no ill affects so it was $12 per vial.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
My vet didn't want me to order Heartworm prevention from 1800PetMeds either. They said that there were too many complaints. At the time, I thought that they just wanted to get my money, but I do have a lot of trust in my vet now, and so I don't have any hard feelings about it. I buy Tucker's heartworm and flea meds from the vet always now. However, on a different note, I have been considering ordering the CET dental chews from 1800PetMeds, because I don't think my vet has them? Do you guys think that would be okay to order from them or not?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
VetCentric seems to be the prefered one in the previous mentioned thread. I checked their website and am a little confused about how to get their prescriptions. Anyone using them currently let me know how it works.......Other online pharmacys tell you to have the vet fax or call them with the RX, then you place the order yourself and pay directly to the place you order from. I got the impression that the complete order process with VetCentric is done through the vet issuing the RX. Does that mean you pay through your own vet? How do you get prices so you'll know if they are competitive? Drs. FosterSmith have a downloadable FAX form to give to the vet to be used by the vet. I gave one to my vet's assistant and asked them to FAX it to FosterSmith, and they seemed relutant...they had done it to EntirelyPets for me before---but as I said before I didn't like EP's service. It took forever.[/B]
My Teddy gets his "drugs" from Vetcentric as this was the only site that my Vet said was always selling good medication...as in they use proper meds. They do not get items from off the back of a truck but from the manufacturer directly. My Vet was pretty adament about getting the items from them because at the time there was bad heartworm medication going around.

How it works is my Vet calls it into Vetcentric and then they call us to verify all the information and the billing information....what is really great is that for my daughters fluffbutt we split the heartworm into six month scripts and asked that they just automatically refill it....we just got it in the mail yesterday in plenty of time for Shakira to take it this month.

I only have great things to say about them. By the way, the first time the vet called in pills and this is not what works for Shakira so we called the Vet and she talked with Vetcentric and we had no problem sending back the old and recieving the new...it was painless.

Good luck.

Susan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts