Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to go to see my first big dog show today in Sacramento. My mom and I left this morning at 4am! I got to meet some great people including Stacy from Bellarata and her daughter Marina. They were so sweet (thank you Stacy) I had such a great time. It has been a long day but a good one. Pat's boy from Richelieu (sp?) did great. Hopefully I can go to more in the future and maybe a step closer to owning my first Maltese. I should be able to post some pics when I get home. (I'm on my phone now). Yay! :)

-Maggie

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
I tried to take Lilly to the show but they wouldn't let me in the gate with her :(
I was thinking about saying she was in the show but I was chicken thinking they would then ask me a question that I couldn't answer. :)

I thought it would be great to get Lilly around a bunch of dogs and show her to Stacy since she put us together.

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
maggie, it was great meeting you and your mom! I'm glad you got to come down for the show. Wow, it is a big show, I've never been to this one before!

Cindy, I'm sooo sad you got turned away! You should have said she was in the show, either obedience or you could have said junior showmanship. How frustrating to drive all that way and not be able to get in!! I can't wait to see Lily, we'll have to plan on another day!

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
I tried to take Lilly to the show but they wouldn't let me in the gate with her :(
I was thinking about saying she was in the show but I was chicken thinking they would then ask me a question that I couldn't answer. :)

I thought it would be great to get Lilly around a bunch of dogs and show her to Stacy since she put us together.

To go into a show with a dog, go around to the grooming area and then come in the same way the exhibitors are coming through. Usually you won't get stopped there. B) Most people at the entrance gate don't know much about dog shows. They might ask you for your exhibitors paper, most exhibitors don't just carry that around with them. Mine usually stays in my back pack.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh, darn I missed the dog show and I live so close I so would have gone....How do you find out when and where they're to be held?

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
I will keep this info for next time. Dave gave me a bad time all the way home since he asked if it would be ok to bring Lilly in :huh:but this didn't even compare to his bringing new golf clubs home and promptly hitting the light fixture, breaking it. :oops: I think we are even.:LOL:

Stacy let me know when you up this way again and I'll know how to get in this time :)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Geez I always bring in my "non show" dogs, and have only been asked if I am an exhibitor once ( and I was- but they didn't even ask for papers) Of course I have my non show dogs in a stroller so maybe they just assume they are in the show? Yeah right- in their puppy cuts ! LOL ! I am so sorry they turned you away.

And I am so glad they rest of you had a good time. I am waiting to see the pix. I just love dogs shows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts