Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uno/ Sammy will be flying to St. Louis tomorrow @ 7:40 a.m.

I have done this getting rid of puppies several times. Why this one is harder who knows.
I'm in no way worried about him going to his new home I know Rose will be great to him. What I hear about Cassie I think they will hit it off. I just think about this is my last Maltese puppy. Prissy is spayed she had done her part. I will miss having babies around.

At least with my job I get to still deliver and take care of Beautiful Maltese. It is different when they are your own. Maybe when I go to my first Show in Lubbock on the 28th I will fall in love with the showing and deceide this is what I want to do for my hobby and then I can have the joy of showing and breeding my own line of perfect maltese. Who knows?? Just alot of things up in the air right now and being a virgo I have to have a plan. Ok enough about me.

Sammy Sam is doing great he slept in his crate from 11 to 4 last night then he started crying so back in the bathroom he went. He loves his mommy but I think he will enjoy playing with cassie. I will love to have my bathroom back. But I will miss those puppy kisses.

Prissy is doing great by the way her sutures came out this weekend and NO BLEEDING Yippee. I hated seeing her bleed even though she wasnt in pain it hurt me.

I'm having very mixed emotions crying because I'm sad then crying because I'm happy. Tomorrow will be a sad day for me.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
just think of the happy home he is going to

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
That is why I could never be a breeder. I couldn't give them up. I would be too attached. -_-
We had a stray cat who we took in (my beloved Sandi that went to Rainbow Bridge last spring
) who had kittens. They were beautiful funny little turkeys. I found them a great home together with a friend of someone I knew. When I let those babies go I cried like a big old baby. It was ridiculous and embarrassing to my hubby when the lady came to get them.
I understand completely.
Big hugs to you!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
for you, but like you said, he'll have a great new home and a new friend to play with. And the best part is you'll still be a part of his life!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did it. Just like a bandaid quick. I took prissy with me I thought it would be easier for her to understand plus I could talk and cry to her. He did great in his crate on the 1hr ride to the airport. I gave him puppy kisses through the cage and told him I loved him. I know he is going to a perfect home but he is and will always be my baby. The saddest thing is when we got home Prissy ran upstairs to the bathroom sniffing and looking for him. Then she looked in my room now she is pouting under my bed. She will be depressed for a few days. She will get better with lots of love and attention.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
to Prissy. And
to you too. At least now ONE of the hardest parts is over. Just think, soon you will be getting reports from Rose about the happiness you have sent to her...I think sometimes that will make you happy and sometimes sad (at least for me, I think why didn't I just keep the happiness to myself...J/k). At least this way you still get to keep up with Dash on a daily basis...you did make Rose promise to post daily didn't you?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
So hard to say goodbye to someone you have loved with all your heart....even if it is the best thing for them. Best thing you can do is grieve for your loss and let it out...it will get better I am sure once you start getting back into the swing of not having him around.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sooo sorry for you! I just keep thinking how happy we and our little puppy were the min we got home together. She never seemed sad for a second. Your baby will probably be soo happy and excited to be the new addition to there family. Responsiable breeders like you are really a blessing to those looking for a new part to our familys!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rose just picked him up and she said he was wet. He was already playing in his ice bowl when I left him and she said he had a wet belly and feet. That little monster. Prissy seems to be doing better. I just thought I would let you guys know he is on the ground. I have gotta go to a dr appt. i'm sure rose will get on sm and keep you guys updated.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
hugs for you, I'm sure it was hard to let him go!!! Cuddle Prissy and know that Sam is loved and well cared for !

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
From Rose's posts...it sounds like she is thrilled and that Sam is going to be just great! I know your heart must ache...but at least you know where he is and can get updates and pictures!!!!
Big hugs to ya!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Sarah, how are you and Miss Prissy doing today?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by paris@Sep 22 2005, 11:55 AM
Sarah, how are you and Miss Prissy doing today?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102154
[/QUOTE]
I'm doing great I miss the little fur butt. Prissy is eating now for the first time since he left. This was a reall hard one to lose for her. She has been moping around. I took her to sonic and she loved that I let her have a tator tot. I'm trying to spend more time with her to get her mind off of things. Shes getting better.

Thanks for asking

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Poor thing...she misses her baby! Give her lots of hugs and kisses from Paris and me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts