Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadie is 16 weeks and has had 4 shots. The vet cleared her for grooming. After we had already found our wonderful breeder we accidently stumbled onto a groomer that raises Maltese! Her entire wall is full of professional portraits of her 11 Maltese. Even though I have a good groomer for our Bichon I felt that it was really important to take Sadie to a groomer who knows Maltese and is accustomed to Maltese puppies. We had to drive a little ways but they were WONDERFUL. We went to lunch and they had her ready in a little more than an hour. They cooed and raved over her and promised that the next time I could call ahead and they would take her first so she'd be in and out quick. Jolie had a good start with groomers and goes just fine. I felt like it was important that Sadie have a good start too. These folks met and surpassed my hopes and expectations.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Oct 28 2004, 10:56 PM
Sadie is 16 weeks and has had 4 shots.  The vet cleared her for grooming.  After we had already found our wonderful breeder we accidently stumbled onto a groomer that raises Maltese!  Her entire wall is full of professional portraits of her 11 Maltese.  Even though I have a good groomer for our Bichon I felt that it was really important to take Sadie to a groomer who knows Maltese and is accustomed to Maltese puppies.  We had to drive a little ways but they were WONDERFUL.  We went to lunch and they had her ready in a little more than an hour.  They cooed and raved over her and promised that the next time I could call ahead and they would take her first so she'd be in and out quick.  Jolie had a good start with groomers and goes just fine.  I felt like it was important that Sadie have a good start too.  These folks met and surpassed my hopes and expectations.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13795
[/QUOTE]

Your baby is already one of the cutest Maltese I've ever seen in her "before" photo .... can't wait to see her "after" photo!

·
Registered
831 Posts
You are so lucky to have found a maltese groomer...
I do the girls grooming and it never comes out the way I want, specially the face...

can't wait to see pictures!!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. I will try and get some photos this weekend.

I'm afraid that you'll be disappointed because she really doesn't look any different. I mostly wanted her to get used to the people and the place. They bathed her, and trimmed the hair in her pads, plucked ears, and trimmed a little hair on her sides. The hair on her head is hysterical. It sticks up every which way. The groomer told us to hang in there for a few more weeks and it would be long enough to stay in the topknot that we work so hard on every morning.

Sadie's breeder had been grooming her before we got her. We had bathed her once and we'll probably bath one week and groom the next week and keep on that schedule.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts