Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will soon be installing a new composite deck and planning to adopt a Maltese puppy in the coming months.

I am not sure if we will have the flexibility to adjust the deck railing spacing (we have yet to talk to installers) but wanted to check with you what is the maximum railing spacing to be safe for a Maltese dog (space below the railing and space between the posts).

Also, if someone recently installed a deck and was able to adjust the railing spacing, I would be interested to know what brand of composite decking you used.

I know you can install some netting over the railing but would like to avoid having to do that if possible.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
LACIE, SUKI & LING LING ❤️❤️❤️
6,044 Posts
We will soon be installing a new composite deck and planning to adopt a Maltese puppy in the coming months.

I am not sure if we will have the flexibility to adjust the deck railing spacing (we have yet to talk to installers) but wanted to check with you what is the maximum railing spacing to be safe for a Maltese dog (space below the railing and space between the posts).

Also, if someone recently installed a deck and was able to adjust the railing spacing, I would be interested to know what brand of composite decking you used.

I know you can install some netting over the railing but would like to avoid having to do that if possible.

Thanks,
I dont have a deck but I have to assume the spacing is the same as a picket fence which I installed. I have 2 1/2 inches of spacing between and below at ground level and theres no way they could fit through it. Even my Suki who came to me at 1.9 lbs and a runner/escape artist couldnt get through. Hope this helps.
Plant Property Fence Land lot Wood

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have a deck but I have to assume the spacing is the same as a picket fence which I installed. I have 2 1/2 inches of spacing and theres no way they could fit through it. Even my Suki who came to me at 1.9 lbs and a runner/escape artist couldnt get through. Hope this helps. View attachment 276381
I dont have a deck but I have to assume the spacing is the same as a picket fence which I installed. I have 2 1/2 inches of spacing and theres no way they could fit through it. Even my Suki who came to me at 1.9 lbs and a runner/escape artist couldnt get through. Hope this helps. View attachment 276381
Thank you very much for your reply. Much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts