Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

361 - 376 of 376 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,979 Posts
I'm so glad that Sammie us well on his road to recovery!!!! I can just imagine how glad you were to bathe him. I know that I couldn't wait to bathe mine after spay and neuter were over.We all know anyone here could possibly have to go through this with our fluffs and it's great to know people here can offer advice and encouragement! Every time I let my fluffs outside to run and play I always yell"SLOW DOWN" I always cringe when they take off like a bat out of ****! My Eerie(at the bridge) tore his ACL running so fast in the yard and taking a sharp turn!! His surgery was no where near as extensive as Sammie. He recovered quickly and was fine! Praying for a FULL recovery and that everything will be back to normal!!!

·
Premium Member
15,979 Posts
I'm so glad that Sammie us well on his road to recovery!!!! I can just imagine how glad you were to bathe him. I know that I couldn't wait to bathe mine after spay and neuter were over.We all know anyone here could possibly have to go through this with our fluffs and it's great to know people here can offer advice and encouragement! Every time I let my fluffs outside to run and play I always yell"SLOW DOWN" I always cringe when they take off like a bat out of ****! My Eerie(at the bridge) tore his ACL running so fast in the yard and taking a sharp turn!! His surgery was no where near as extensive as Sammie. He recovered quickly and was fine! Praying for a FULL recovery and that everything will be back to normal!!!

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
Thanks Deb, I read ALL 3 of your posts.....:smtease:
yes the bath was the BEST present I have had in a long time. I am dreading the running. :w00t::w00t: one eek for each leg.....

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
It will be one month tomorrow. half way home. whew. Honestly, I am so sick of the confinement. :angry: But I know it's part of it and nec. He was itching ALOT, :w00t: so she let me give Sammie his first bath in the bathtub today. Or should I say Sammie and ME had a bath. I had to get in the tub to hold his leg up some. I did not want him bearing weight on it too much. He seemed to enjoy it. Boy is he clean. He stopped itching. She did not want him scratching non stop with his leg. Lesser of two evils I guess. I see why she said to wait. It's not easy bathing a post op LP dog, I'd preferred to wait.

He is walking great. I can't bel the skip is gone. He is not 100% yet, still favors his bad leg due to healing. But things are moving along and I'm optimistic the surgery was successful.
Yay for Sammie and you! you've been doing a great job taking care of him post-op... Day by day... soon enough, you'll both get more freedom :-D :aktion033::aktion033::aktion033:

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #366 (Edited)
Ok, I know I'm bored.

Here is Sammie :wub: in his stroller "Hospital Bed". He loves to be pushed around the house. He is doing about the same. Still favors the leg but no limping when walking. It's too early to tell till we can really walk. I am going to call about PT this week.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Shayna once had to be confined to her crate in order to limit her walking until she healed. I bought one of those doggie backpacks and would do errrands around the house while she was safely tucked in the backpack -- well, really it was the backpack was a frontpack. I think Shayna liked being with me than having me come in and out of the room where her crate was.

One day at a time, Kandis!

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
Shayna once had to be confined to her crate in order to limit her walking until she healed. I bought one of those doggie backpacks and would do errrands around the house while she was safely tucked in the backpack -- well, really it was the backpack was a frontpack. I think Shayna liked being with me than having me come in and out of the room where her crate was.

One day at a time, Kandis!

Thank you Brenda. :flowers: I guess we are both in the one day at a time mode.

I'm half way to x-rays. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
15,979 Posts
Thanks Deb, I read ALL 3 of your posts.....:smtease:
yes the bath was the BEST present I have had in a long time. I am dreading the running. :w00t::w00t: one eek for each leg.....
I don't know what happened to my posts!!!! That was awfully nice if you to read all three!!! You must really be bored!!!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Kandis, I have had such a busy month I haven't posted in this thread for a while. I hope and pray Sammie is doing much much better. I cannot imagine how exhausting it is just from worrying alone, besides the nursing part. You are a terrific Mommy and Sammie is so lucky to have you!!! I adore his pictures, he looks so much like Rocky.

·
Premium Member
17,197 Posts
Hi litte Sammie. I would love to be your nurse & give your mom a break!
I am happy you are being a "good boy" and staying put---you are cute at it too in that stroller!
Kandis, keep on keeping on---it isn't a race that is easily won but I think the results will be worth the agony.

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
Kandis, I have had such a busy month I haven't posted in this thread for a while. I hope and pray Sammie is doing much much better. I cannot imagine how exhausting it is just from worrying alone, besides the nursing part. You are a terrific Mommy and Sammie is so lucky to have you!!! I adore his pictures, he looks so much like Rocky.

Hi Dianne, You survived the separation! :chili: Good to hear from you and thanks. He does look like Rocky. :wub:

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #376
Hi litte Sammie. I would love to be your nurse & give your mom a break!
I am happy you are being a "good boy" and staying put---you are cute at it too in that stroller!
Kandis, keep on keeping on---it isn't a race that is easily won but I think the results will be worth the agony.

I will dear friend! keep on keeping on for sure. nothing else to do here but wait. :thumbsup:

361 - 376 of 376 Posts