Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 40 of 376 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Dear Kandis I will pray for your little Sammie :))) and please remember Sandi and I just went through this and we will here for you every step of the way and yes he will walk normally its amazing when you see that you feel how worth it was :)

love you

Anna xoxo
ps e-mail me anytime .
I will keep you and Sammie in my prayers!
Thanks Anna and Marj, for your prayers. :innocent:

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
You're being a terrific mom, Kandis, doing this for Sammie.:wub2: It's an act of love. The reason he's hopping is that it hurts to put his foot down...he's not practicing the jig for St. Pattie's Day :Good luck: (just trying to inject some humor here as you know me so well). I'm so frustrated with my neighbor and her Havanese. The dog has been hopping for months now..a lot and she keeps saying her vet hasn't suggested she get surgery. My answer is ...get thee to an orthopod!!! I know we all worry about our furkids (and skinkids) in surgery but I'm sure he'll do fine. Love that he's got great bloodwork results and the doctor sounds awesome!!
We'll be here for you on Thursday and you know the hardest part of the surgery will probably be keeping him still enough. :smpullhair:
Thanks Sue. You made me giggle (as usual) and I need it. :unsure: I think it hurts when he puts it down too. No one ever said it did, but I think so. I can relate to the neighbor story. As many vets seem to want to wait until there are visible signs of pain or lameness. not sure why since there are so many risks involved once you know you need it, it was a matter of coming to terms with it for me. I really like the Dr or I could not do this. I am dreaming of just worrying about keeping him still. That will be a blessing at this point.

:heart:I will hold dear Sammie tight to my heart, thinking the best thoughts for his total recovery. No skip hop....just totally happy skips...with no pain.:heart::heart::heart::wub:
Thanks Sylie, that is so sweet of you. No pain, I like that idea........

We'll be keeping Sammie in our hearts during this time. He's going to be so happy when it's all over and he's healed.
Thank you Michelle, I will be needing your experience or sure. :thumbsup: This is new territory for me. :w00t:

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Awwww... Keeping Sammie in our thoughts and prayers :)
Thank you Marisa! If he was not so little it might be easier.

Kandis, I am so sorry to hear about our sweet Sammie. He is VERY lucky to have you as a Mommy. You have done so much research and planning. I just know he will have the best care and a very speedy recovery. Please give him snuggles from Aunt Bridget and Lady Bella. We'll be praying for him. ♥

Thank you Bridgett, Sometimes I wish it just happened and I did not have time to know all about it. :w00t: I gave him hugs from you and Bella. Sammie says thanks Auntie. :innocent:

Keeping Sammie AND you in my prayers. Praying for a very successful surgery and a very speedy recovery!!!!
Thank you Deborah for your prayers. It's getting close now.

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Good for you and Sammie! Hang in there little dude, your Mommy loves you and will help you get thru this and have a successful speedy recovery! Kisses and puppy licks!
Thank you so much Laura!

I will keep you and little Sammie in my prayers. He will be walking fine in just no time!
Thanks Amanda, I sure hope so!

Praying for a wonderful outcome for little Sammie's surgery. Keep us updated on his progress.
Thanks Lynda, I will!
:prayer::prayer::prayer:
Praying for Sammie and for a speedy recovery.
Thank you for your prayers Donna, thats what we want, a speedy recovery!:aktion033:

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I woke up this am sad. :Bad day: I so don't want to do this tomorrow. I try to immediately visualize his walk and helps. I wish I were stronger about this whole surgery post op pain. :hiding:

·
Super Moderator
10,109 Posts
Prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. Tomorrow will be difficult but you are doing the best thing for your fluff! In no time, he'll be playing and running around pain-free! Hugs to you!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Dear Kandis, please do not worry we will be here for you !!! Luna is now 5 weeks post op the time flew we are almost there she is doing good :)))

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Dear Kandis I really really understand I was just there 5 weeks ago .. its hard but everything will be ok , please believe this think of the positive like Sweet Sammie will be pain free after all is said and done :)))))))

·
Premium Member
23,996 Posts
Kandis - thinking about you and Sammie. I remember that my DS needed two surgeries when he was 1-year-old. I was a wreck. They waited until he was 1 so that he wasn't too young but boy a little baby like that. :w00t: We had the surgeries done and I was so relieved afterwards. I knew we did the right thing. It's hard to see our kids - fur or skin - get a medical procedure done but we're the parents and we're doing the best we can FOR THEM.
We will all be praying for you. Try to get distracted today and tomorrow and you know we'll be here for you and for sweet Sammie tomorrow and always. :smootch:

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thank you Sue. I know that exper with your baby must have been heart wrenching for you. I guess it's hard because we are powerless while they are in surgery. Sammie has never spent a night away from me either. Today we go to groomer for a quick nail and tummy trim. Tomorrow this time he will be in surgery at 12:30. Thanks for being here for me and your prayers. :sLo_grouphug3:

Kandis - thinking about you and Sammie. I remember that my DS needed two surgeries when he was 1-year-old. I was a wreck. They waited until he was 1 so that he wasn't too young but boy a little baby like that. :w00t: We had the surgeries done and I was so relieved afterwards. I knew we did the right thing. It's hard to see our kids - fur or skin - get a medical procedure done but we're the parents and we're doing the best we can FOR THEM.
We will all be praying for you. Try to get distracted today and tomorrow and you know we'll be here for you and for sweet Sammie tomorrow and always. :smootch:

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Sue, Tyler's siggie pic is my absolute fav! :wub:

21 - 40 of 376 Posts