Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
18,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a very sad news here for any who remember Sammy from previous days. She sadly passed this past week of lung cancer in CA. Her pups (Little Bit, Piccolina & I am sorry but can not remember the 3rd ones name-- are presently w/a neighbor couple. I got this news from Alexa & this is all I know.

It only seems a couple of yrs. ago that she went to Italy to care for her dying sister & then on to Israel to bury her. She was a wonderful person full of compassion & took such special care of those 3 little white pups.

I am a richer person for having known her & regret that I had been out of recent contact w/her.

· Registered
3,881 Posts
Yes, I too remember her and thanks for sharing that sad news with us here on SM Sandi. I can remember how she would celebrate each of her Malts on their Birthdays. I wonder who is taking care of any or all of her Dogs?

· Premium Member
18,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At the moment the girls are with a neighbor couple. I don't know who will take them in the end. The burial service is this next week. No one really knew how sick she was---none of her friends---she managed everything herself as long as she could---right up until the end..
Alexandra (our SMer from Germany) was one of her closest friends & only found out how ill she was Friday 2 wks. ago.

· Premium Member
Pat & Maggie (& Casey too!)
1,688 Posts
I, too, remember Sammy. Such sad news. Rest In Peace Sammy. Prayers that her three pups find good loving homes.

· Administrator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
10,261 Posts
Sandi, so sad. I remember how she made each of her dogs birthday''s special. I loved all the birthday pictures of her pups all decked out with jewelry. I remember pictures of her roses. She will be missed.

Reactions: edelweiss

· Premium Member
18,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh no. 😪
I am so sorry to hear that.
She was so dedicated to her babies.
Is her third dog Bambina? I may be wrong.

YES! Thank you! My brain is so sketchy these days!

· Premium Member
LACIE, SUKI & LING LING ❤️❤️❤️
6,114 Posts
Oh no. 😪
I am so sorry to hear that.
She was so dedicated to her babies.
Is her third dog Bambina? I may be wrong.

YES! Thank you! My brain is so sketchy these days!
I believe it is Bambina. She used to write the loviest poems on each and everyone fluff’s birthday. It was so sweet.

· Premium Member
18,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes Joanne! She was the queen of acrostic poems when it came to our pups' birthdays.

• Love
Reactions: maddysmom and mss

· Premium Member
18,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Patricia---we miss you too! But understand that w/a toddler life can be hectic/busy/wonderful! I do think of you often & wonder about Luna---does it go well w/a baby & a pup? We send you love. Come when you can!

· Registered
Luna
590 Posts
Patricia---we miss you too! But understand that w/a toddler life can be hectic/busy/wonderful! I do think of you often & wonder about Luna---does it go well w/a baby & a pup? We send you love. Come when you can!
Sandi, we are fortunate that they absolutely love each other. The little one is obsessed with Luna. And somehow my Luna understands her role as big sister. Sometimes the toddler energy is too much and Luna just goes away to be quiet and alone, haha. Other than that, it is working out fine. Still, I always keep an eye out and never leave the two of them alone because I know that's my responsibility.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts