Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that my mom is going to a conference in San Diego in June. She has asked me if I would like to go with her. I was wondering if there are any cool attractions that are must see? Help! I've never been out west. The conference runs from Tuesday, June 14 - Friday, June 17.

·
Registered
323 Posts
San Diego is beautiful-IMHO
There is Del Mar the race track which is amazing (if you like horse racing
)
There is the Hotel Del Coranado-beautiful views from here
Mission Beach-fun place to hang
Sea World--great fun
Horton's Center down town (I am pretty sure that is the name)
My hubby was stationed there for three years so I would fly there often to visit. It is just a very nice area and the temperature is always really nice...even great to just lay by the pool and relax also...
If I had the opportunity to go I would just to hang, and you'd get to come to the west coast-which is always good

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found out I will be able to stay in my mom's hotel room at The San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina. They are getting a great deal on the rooms, cheapest room is normally $250, they get them for $139.

We are still trying to figure out when we are going to fliy out. We are talking about flying out on Saturday, June 11 and then coming back the following Friday or Saturday. That will give us 3 1/2 days to explore before the conference. I'm so excited!

Does anyone know if Disneyland is close to San Diego? On the conference site it says it is 90miles away. So like 1-2hours away? Not sure if we will have time.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Really? I'm going to be in San Diego on the 11th too! It's my aunts graduation! LOL

They should be right. If you think that's close then yeah...

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
thats really awesome you're going to san diego!! MEE and i live like 4 hours away! lol.

wildlife animal park looks TOTALLY awesome. but i never went.

i was trying to get a link...but its taking forever.

fashion valley mall allows dogs. its off the 8 west freeway.

you should talk to glamourdog....they lived there and im sure they know more about it. i stayed there for a year and it wasnt until the end of the year that i found that mall..and it was only 5 min from my house!!!

oh, and san diego has a lot of traffic. so tell your mom to leave early for the conference.

and yeah, disneyland is a little more than 2 hours.

i hope you have lots of fun!!!! im so excited for you.
i hope lexi has lots of fun.

OH....AND LEGOLAND!!! That was fun.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Apr 1 2005, 03:07 PM
Are you taking Lexi?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=48171
[/QUOTE]
No, she is going to stay with my brother (I think). I didn't want to leave her in the hotel while we went to see the attractions. I figured she would have more fun staying there. My dad hasn't decided if he is going, so if he doesn't go he will be watching Lexi. Otherwise she is staying with Uncle Brad (kind of scary).

·
Registered
49 Posts
San Diego is the best. We moved hee 8yrs ago from east coast. The San Diego Zoo is a must see. Sea World is also awesome. Plenty of night life in the Gaslamp District. The best beaches from Mission Bay to Carlsbad. Disneyland is about 90 minutes from San Diego.

We feel like we're on vacation every day. Sooo much to seee and do and so little time. If you need a maltese fix send me a memo and come and see our '"cotton ball" and "powder puff" They love everybody.

Yes, the traffic is heavy at commute time and gas prices are high, but all things considered, we wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

"SUNNY SAN DIEGO...HERE COMES LEXIS MOM
"
ENJOY YOURSELF WHILE YOU'RE HERE...Len

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
ive only been to San Diego once, but if u have time, u could go to Laguna Beach too, its BEAUTIFUL there!!!

also theres this place with all these beautiful buildings and fountains, but i forget what the name is..its near the San Diego Zoo, its really beautiful there too

Have fun there!!! and bring lots of Sun Cream and hats if u dont want to get too tanned

the sun can get pretty hot

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I would definately recommend the San Diego Zoo and the Wild Animal Park. They are beautiful. Unfortunately when we were in San Diego years ago the weather was not with us. It was cold and rainy in March.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
You are going to have so much fun! Its so beautiful in San Diego--just know that there will be traffic! The beaches are gorgeous-and the weather is nice most of the time. If you decide to go to the Wild Animal park-try to go early-the animals tend to take a nap in the afternoon!! ha ha

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Hey!! We are from San Diego! Actually we live in Dallas now.. but we're going to buy another home out there, and Cynthia's family is still out there, so we are there all the time.

For Dog Spots, there are a couple great stores you should check out. There is one Downtown called Lucky Dog. They just moved, so they are either at

557 4th Ave

or

415 Market St

Either location is just around the corner, I think it is the Market St. address though.

The owners are great, if you stop in tell them we said HI!

The other places are in La Jolla, and Del Mar. Muttropolis. Another really cool store, they have two. their site is muttropolis.com

Hope that helps~!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Originally posted by MalteseJane@Apr 2 2005, 07:15 PM
I would definately recommend the San Diego Zoo and the Wild Animal Park. They are beautiful. Unfortunately when we were in San Diego years ago the weather was not with us. It was cold and rainy in March.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=48441
[/QUOTE]
I heard you can sleep over at the zoo and watch the animals play!

Tyler isn't coming either. You have to get a ticket to bring dogs on the plane!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Tyler's Sis+Apr 3 2005, 10:42 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-MalteseJane
@Apr 2 2005, 07:15 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=48441
I heard you can sleep over at the zoo and watch the animals play!

Tyler isn't coming either. You have to get a ticket to bring dogs on the plane!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=48684
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah you can sleep over. I just read about it in my guide book. Here is the link to the Wild Animal Park's Roar & Snore program

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
wow!
You can check out all the CUTE doggy stores!! I'm jealous!

Enjoy your trip!! Try to take pictures!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Apr 4 2005, 09:25 AM
wow! 
  You can check out all the CUTE doggy stores!!  I'm jealous! 

Enjoy your trip!!  Try to take pictures! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=48740
[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous too! You are going to have so much fun!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know! My mom will be in conferences during the day on Weds, Thurs, and Friday. My brother isn't able to go so my aunt is thinking about going. Not sure if she will be able to stay the entire time. If not I figure I will spend one of the days going to the shops.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts