Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am living in San Francisco for the month (in a really great location) and this weekend my husband and Miko were here. I noticed that we could take Miko into a lot of food places without a bag (yeah for us
) and not have anyone say anything!! I love it. What I didn't like was the tons of big dogs walking without leashes here. What is with that? Isn't that against the law? Miko did great -- walked a lot even with lots of people around, and even became used to the big dogs around but I was still annoyed. What's wrong with using the leash??

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
That's so great. I wish more places were more dog friendly. I know what you mean about the leashes. I think it's fine when the dog is well trained and obedient, but more times than not, the owner has no control over the dog, yet insists that the dog doesn't need a leash. We have a leash law here, but just like the poop pick up law, no one pays any attention to it. I'm so glad you got to spend time with Miko and your hubby. You three must have had such a great time together!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I grew up in Vallejo just northeast of SF and visited The City on a regular basis, almost weekly. Of course, that was 23+ years ago and I hardly ever saw dogs around the business district or Chinatown, but would see them occassionally by Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. When I visit now, I do research to find places to bring my furkids to and I seem to have no problem finding places to go. I do know that SF does have a leash law on the books, but I don't know how well enforced it is. By what you're seeing, I'm guessing that it's not enforced too hard.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
It is great that SF is dog friendly, but I would be very uncomfortable with dogs off leash. I'm quite surprised that they aren't enforcing the leash law.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Originally posted by mousern@Nov 16 2005, 08:25 PM
I grew up in Vallejo just northeast of SF and visited The City on a regular basis, almost weekly. Of course, that was 23+ years ago and I hardly ever saw dogs around the business district or Chinatown, but would see them occassionally by Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. When I visit now, I do research to find places to bring my furkids to and I seem to have no problem finding places to go. I do know that SF does have a leash law on the books, but I don't know how well enforced it is. By what you're seeing, I'm guessing that it's not enforced too hard.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120383
[/QUOTE]

admin edit: PM sent

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Yes, how nice to be able to take them everywhere with you! We live in the Sacramento area and it's not like that here at all. But if we take a little drive they can go in restaurants and every store, it's great!

·
Registered
313 Posts
i'm so excited to hear this. i live just a half an hour north of sf and go there all the time! now i can bring l.e.!! she will be so excited to come with me more places. she hasn't been in one of her carriers in a while, so she'll have to strat getting used to it again!

as for leashes, i would never go anywhere with her on her leash, i mean unless it was a dog park or someplace specifically for dogs. i'm too afraid that etiher she'll run off or someone will scoop her up and steal her

okw: where did you take Miko?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts