Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I have found a good groomer. I will find out when I pick Sapper up from the groomers. I walked in with him and the groomer met me at the desk. The place is fairly new but the groomer has been grooming for over 20 years. She is very familiar with Maltese and a puppys first visit. When we started talking, she said "I guess you want him cut short." I said OH NO and she said thats good. She wants to just do a very basic grooming on him, ie nails, ears, pads, eyes and his rear and work the matts out of him. He has a very few matts on his body, but his backside is pretty matted, but nothing real serious. She was impress that I didnt want him shaved. She likes to get the puppy used to being groomed and on the table before she does any major over haul on their coat.

I will let y'all know how it went when I pick him up. She has had him since noon
and I am getting anxious to see him again.

melinda

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sapper is home and has been since 3:30 today. I hope I found my forever groomer. Sapper had a cute purple bow in his hair. I was asked if I wanted a bandana instead but he looked sooooooooooo cute with the bow I wanted that. He promptly messed around and got it out. I have to put it back in so I can takes new pics of him. OMG He is just perfect. She cleaned his face and got out the few matts in his hair. She trimmed nails and paws and did his feet so they are trimmed. She shaved his private area so he wont mess it up when he goes potty. His hind end was matted pretty much and she cleaned that all up and trimmed the hair. His face is sooo clean now. I did find out when she was doing his ear hair that what my vet said was mites when I got him was actually yeast. She used to work for a vet an knew what she was talking about. So now I have to take him to a different vet becasue this is the only one in town that has the proper stuff to clear the yeast up?? Can you tell I live in a fairly small town? LOL Sapper even gave the groomer kisses after she finished with him I will try and take pics tonight to show.

Melinda

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
so glad you found a groomer that you love.

although i hate when groomers pretend to be vets...
i was told lucy had HORRIBLE luxating patellas
i freaked out, went to like 5 vets.. all of them told me to get away from that groomer haha.

anyways, glad you're happy
sorry for veering off topic

cant wait to see pics

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Awww...glad it turned out well!

Can't wait to see him!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts