Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
YES! I would give Star sardines. I think his were packed in olive oil though. Excellent source of protein, and the tiny bones give calcium. :thumbsup: He loved all kinds of seafood.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
I use sardines regularly as one of the proteins that we mix with Dr. Harveys premix. The girls all love the sardines. I use the kind packed in olive oil and do not add extra oil on the days we use sardines as our protein.

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
hummmm......thanks for asking that question! I'm always looking for more proteins to add to their Dr. Harvey's dinners. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yes, I give mine all mine sardines in small quantities. I was at a grooming seminar and the guy was a professional handler,too. He always gives the dogs sardines to improve their coats. He said any of them are OK as long as they're not in the hot sauce:w00t:
Mine don't like them mixed in their food- they like to eat them by themselves.

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
My dogs and cats get a meal of Sardines once a week without fail. I use the kind packed in water with no salt and stock up when they go on sale. I just give them as many sardines as it takes to equal their normal food amount.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts