Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the last two of the Halloween pictures that I promised. I hope you enjoy them.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, thank you! In the first picture of this thread she reminds me a little of Mikey. I wish JMM would see this picture. I think it would make her smile.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Wow! Wait'll Pico sees his cousin now! Did you do the grooming? I mean, the brushing and the bow and all? She's so, so gorgeous. That regal tilt to her head and everything!

I'll bet you all just turn heads right and left when you go steppin' out.....

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Oct 24 2005, 05:23 PM
Wow!  Wait'll Pico sees his cousin now!  Did you do the grooming?  I mean, the brushing and the bow and all?  She's so, so gorgeous.  That regal tilt to her head and everything!

I'll bet you all just turn heads right and left when you go steppin' out.....

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=113083
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the compliment, Yes I do all of my own grooming for Sassy, every thing from basic brushing, clipping nails, trimming pads, plucking ears, bathing, blow drying, top knots, and trimming the bottom of her skirt which she needs now.
I do everything!

When I take Sassy in public, if I hold her on my arm some people are startled when she moves. They say things like, "OMG she is real." then they laugh and say, "I thought you were holding a stuffed animal." Tomorrow night we are going out in the stroller.
I will let you know what kind of reaction we get.

Thanks again to all who have been so patient while I have posted all of Sassy's Halloween pictures. I say all.....my first choice ones

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Aaaaawwwwww she is just such a cutie
She really looks great in red, the contrast with the white and black is beautiful

·
Registered
751 Posts
She is beautiful. Her hair is so pretty. I can't imagine how much time it must take you to keep it that way.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Sassy is truly a beatiful girl, such a glamor girl,
You should be very proud indeed of her and of yourself because you keep her in immaculate condition

·
Registered
274 Posts
She is absolutely beautiful!!! I'm sure you've mentioned it before, but how old and how big is she?? She is just gorgeous! I can't imagine how much time you spend on that hair! Keep the pictures coming!!

Jess

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I was wondering all the same things........age, size, where you got her, etc. I know I am not supposed to envy, but I DO!!!!!!!! She is everything a maltese should be. Be proud.....be very proud.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you again to everyone for the awsome compliments. For all those who are wondering and have asked about Sassy's size and such............

1 - Sassy will be 3 years old on her birthday, December 2nd.
2 - She normally weighs right at 6 lbs; however, there have been a couple of "fat girl" days when she has pushed 6.5 (too many mommy treats.)
3 - As for her face being white, I don't do a lot of anything special. Each day when I groom her I wash her eyes with a baby wipe.
4 - Grooming time....this is the biggie. It takes me about 30--45 minutes to bathe her. Only because I follow the direction on the products. If it says leave it on 3 minutes then that is what I do. I normally have to massage her while this going on so that she doesn't get too cold. I shampoo her once to get out the dust and daily whatever that she might have gotten into her hair. Then I shampoo her again to make shre she is clean. Then I condition, and last but certainly not least I use "After Bath" product. Then I put the "booger" in her ears
ear cleaner, and "booger" into her eyes
eye wash drops just in case she has gotten anything in her eyes during the entire process. Then I spend the next 1 1/2--1 3/4 blow drying her. Whew! That is a job. She normally curles up and sleeps while I dry her. And I wanted to mention that I spray her brush with Ice on Ice while I blow her dry. I do not like putting a dry brush in her coat. After she is dry, then I have to do "The BowRibbon"
husband's name for her top knot bow.
5 - Daily grooming takes about 45 minutes so that is nothing compaired to bath day.

I also have a little bib (like babies wear) that I put on Sassy when she eats any people foods. Soooo cute! It keeps her hair out of her plate and she does not end up with food stains in her beard.

Sassy came from a show breeder in central Florida, Nanack Maltese, Nancy Black. Nancy has since retired after 30+ years of breeding and showing and has placed her dogs with a breeder in Virginia so somewhere in that area of the country. I might be able to find out the name of the breeder. Nancy and her husband travel so much now I am not sure if I could still reach her. I bought Sassy as a show prospect and I have full papers/rights with her. I could have shown her, bred her, whatever I wanted to do. I put her in the ring only once. She did not care much for the hoopla of it all and to tell you the truth neither did I. She won Best In Breed, and a First Place in that show. When I looked back at the pictures I saw in those big black eyes that she was not happy and just trying to please the mommy. I promised her she never had to do that again and she hasn't. Sassy is spayed, and will never whelp a litter of pups. She is my little companion girl, and my heart. She is sooooo endearing that everyone who meets her just falls in love with her. She will always be a champion in my heart.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.