Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor Sassy , she wonders the house looking for Amber and Emily.
We took her with us when Amber and Emily went to the bridge hoping it would help.
She started slowly this week , with crying crying. Now she howls if we leave her, even if we go outside for a bit.

I know she feels our grief and her own too

I just got the book you sent Walter. It got delayed in mail forwarding to Florida.
Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates.
Thank you.

We’re having such a hard time loosing them and worrying about Sassy

I didn’t think Sassy would take it so hard since we don’t know if she had fur siblings in the past.
She was passed around for years until she ended up at the shelter.

Since she’s been with us , barely a peep out of her , she was the quiet one.
She’s had Amber and Emily as sisters for four years.
She rarely slept near them. She snuggled next to me.

I think she knew Amber was sick.
She would sleep next to Amber the last few months.

Emily would lay her head on Amber and Sassy would be on the other side.

·
Premium Member
17,309 Posts
Michelle, it sounds like you are in FL? That is good news. Maybe when you get back home Sassy will adjust in her normal environment. It could be a lot of change at one time for her. At least I hope that is the case. Poor little girl.
Yes, definitely she is taking up w/your grief. . . .
Try to enjoy the warmth there, the change of scenery & just keep taking her w/you wherever you go. Time will not heal all wounds but it will bring new adventures that hopefully will replace the sadness.:wub:

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We left a couple days ago for Florida.
It was too hard being in the house and not seeing the babies.
We’d hoped it might help Sassy too.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Yep, agree with Sandi and Walter. She definitely knew her sister was sick--that is so sweet how she comforted her. Dogs are the best. Sending you more hugs.

·
Premium Member
24,069 Posts
Michelle I know exactly what your going through, when Matilda went to Heaven's Rainbow Bridge we were taken by surprise, absolutely hands down worse day of my life.
We were grieving so badly, if it wouldn't have been for Maddie forcing me to take care of her I would have stayed in my bed
Maddie was so lonely, so fearful, like you we couldn't go out of the room without her barking and shaking.
We took her everywhere, my doctor diagnosed me with PTSD, she wrote a letter that I carried everywhere I went.
I just couldn't live at our house, everything reminded me of my Matilda, I cried every day many times a day, it was a blessing our home sold the day after we listed it.
Once we moved to our new house things were a little better but my arms were empty, Maddie has always been Lorin's little girl.
It took almost two years before I opened my heart to another, the day Geneva came into our lives changed everything for us.
Maddie was no longer lonely, the girls connected within a couple days
My tears still come, I will always miss my Matilda, but they are less, God has a way of bringing sunshine into our lives he has healed my heart

Sassy will be fearful I'm so glad you and her have a special bond, it will help with your healing and she will feel safe
I'm so glad your both in Florida the change will help some.
I have been praying for you for years, I look at Al's picture with all the babies everyday on my prayer wall it breaks my heart that you have lost so many little loves.
So glad you are here, we cry together

·
Premium Member
17,309 Posts
Michelle I know exactly what your going through, when Matilda went to Heaven's Rainbow Bridge we were taken by surprise, absolutely hands down worse day of my life.
We were grieving so badly, if it wouldn't have been for Maddie forcing me to take care of her I would have stayed in my bed
Maddie was so lonely, so fearful, like you we couldn't go out of the room without her barking and shaking.
We took her everywhere, my doctor diagnosed me with PTSD, she wrote a letter that I carried everywhere I went.
I just couldn't live at our house, everything reminded me of my Matilda, I cried every day many times a day, it was a blessing our home sold the day after we listed it.
Once we moved to our new house things were a little better but my arms were empty, Maddie has always been Lorin's little girl.
It took almost two years before I opened my heart to another, the day Geneva came into our lives changed everything for us.
Maddie was no longer lonely, the girls connected within a couple days
My tears still come, I will always miss my Matilda, but they are less, God has a way of bringing sunshine into our lives he has healed my heart

Sassy will be fearful I'm so glad you and her have a special bond, it will help with your healing and she will feel safe
I'm so glad your both in Florida the change will help some.
I have been praying for you for years, I look at Al's picture with all the babies everyday on my prayer wall it breaks my heart that you have lost so many little loves.
So glad you are here, we cry together

:goodpost::goodpost::ThankYou:

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
It’s so hard to adjust to the loss of a beloved fur baby. Doubly hard for you Michelle. It takes so long. Poor Sassy, she doesn’t understand where her girls are or where she is. Nothing is the same for her. No smells of her sisters in Florida either. Try to keep her with you and don’t leave her alone is all I can suggest. Hugs.

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
We’re taking it day by day.
Getting away helped.
Sassy still isn’t eating much.
She will take treats but she’s just not the same.
We hold her more now, she was never one to like being held but she’s been wanting held now.
Just holding her helps us too.
We brought extra binkies with the other dogs scent on them, that seems to help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts