Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know Sassy has been fighting a sligh ear yeast infection for a week now. She has been a little lathargic and punie but I think it is just her ears feeling funny. Anyway, right after lunch she had a bout with diarrhea. Everyone knows Sassy is in full coat :new_Eyecrazy: Not funny! Anyway I cleaned her up and gave her some Pepto thinking it was more that likely a one time thing. Well, in half an hour or so she comes to me with a dirty skirt again.
At least she knows to come to the mommy when things don't come out just right. She is funny that way. She does not want cockashewies following her around.
So I cleaned her up again, gave her more Pepto, and this time I wrapped and banded her skirt and tail. Whew! This mommy ain't nobody fool
I am thankful to say that that was the last episode of that.

When I put her drops in her ears today I noticed that her ears look more than a little pink, they are actually a little red. I took her temp and it was normal (actually a little below 100.7F) I called her vet. I was wondering if she could be allergic to the ear medication that we are using. The nurse said not likely at all and to watch her closely and bring her in if she starts to go down hill. The nurse said that with her ear infection it could just have her whole system out of whack. I said yes, along with the entire chicken jerky treat daddy gave her yesterday. Anyway, she perked right up when her stroller came. Be sure and read that story.
Anyway, I have taken the wraps and bands out of her skirt. She ate some kibbles earlier and so far so good. The kibbles normally firm up her stools. Keep your fingers crossed. We don't need a crappy night.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Aww...I'm sorry to hear poor Sassy isn't feeling well. I hope she gets well soon. Kisses and Cuddles to Sassy.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Pat,

I hope Sassy is feeling better. It really is cute the way they come and ask for help when something is not right...Teddy always comes and I know pretty quickly what the problem is...he has a special look that lets me know he needs help down there.

Hugs to Sassy girl from Teddy and I

·
Registered
776 Posts
Originally posted by Sassy's mommy@Sep 26 2005, 06:27 PM
She is funny that way. She does not want cockashewies following her around. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=103674
[/QUOTE]

This was SO FUNNY!!
The whole post actually... I hope Sassy feels better, but man oh man, I know about those cockashewies... i call them dingleberries...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh, I hope Sassy is better soon, You can try some Kayopectate also for the tummy.
My poor Angel has been on meds for several months now for the ear thing. We clean, then apply a special med/antibotic to the ears. She take oral meds as well every day. We go back for recheck and still have some slight showing. She has a narrowing inside. It is tough this time of the year also for a yeast infection.
Maybe try the tummy soothing foods for a day too, I just give some dyne or liquid as sometimes they will irritate their tummy and more food causes more throw up.
Good luck,

1 - 20 of 38 Posts