Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are a little worried right now about our Sassy girl. Recently she has been having blood on her potty pad when she pees. Last week I took her to see Dr. Bennett. He did a bladder ultrasound, and drew urine. Her urine pH was normal, urine was clean (no blood) and no visible stones showing in the ultrasound. He put her on 2 weeks of antibiotics and said hopefully there is just a slight bacteria that isn't showing up in the urine, but causing the blood. If not, and the antibiotics do not clear up the problem, he suspects a tumor on her urethrea stem.....not good news. Anyway, we are praying for divine healing for my baby.

Lynn and Lacie were very generous secret Santas and I can't thank them enough for being so kind and thoughtful to Sassy. I hate sharing pictures of a dirty girl and Sassy really isn't up to a bath and photo shoot right now. I promise to share photos soon. Please forgive us for being late to the party.

If anyone can find a free minute during these busy holidays, please pray for my Sassy. She is truly my once in a lifetime little heart girl.
~Pat & Sassy

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, Pat, I am so sorry to hear that Sassy isn't feeling well. Sending healing thoughts to her from NC!
Thank you Marj! I can't wait until we can get back up to our NC home. We spent Christmas at home in FL this year. I am missing our NC weather.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Oh Pat, I am sorry to hear about Sassy. I hope she gets better quickly. I know she is your only baby. Her aunties will be praying for healing and comfort!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Of course, we have time to pray for our precious babies. I hope that it's just an infection and she's back to her sweet self quickly.

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you dear friends for your kind thoughts and prayers. Please forgive me if I don't mention each one individually. I was just checking in for a quick glance. I will certainly keep SM updated.

·
Premium Member
10,616 Posts
Oh poor little Sassy. Did the vet mention the possibility that maybe she had a stone and passed it. I would think that could have caused a little bleeding. What ever is off, I hope that she will be all better real soon. Hugs to you and Sassy girl.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts