Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

41 - 60 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Jaimie thank you for the update and being there for little Sassy!! Your awesome!

Susan,
You and Sassy will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
We are praying Sassy responds to treatment real soon and starts feeling better!!!

Big Hugs To Both of you

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I am sure you are relieved the questions are answered now and you can start to focus on Sassy's treatment.

We are all thinking and praying for you whole family. I am sure Sadie is ready for Sassy to come home as well.

BIG HUGS

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Susan, you and Sassy (and your family) will continue to be in my prayers. Hopefully, little Miss Sassy will respond well to the treatment and in a little while you won't be able to tell any difference.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Oh Susan... I know how scared you must be. I know the relief of finally having a diagnosis to work with though. No matter if it is not what you want to hear, at least you can begin to move forward, and you and the Drs can get Sassy back on her feet. Sending positive thoughts, and prayers your way

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I am glad for the update on Sassy
I hope all goes well and give my best to them and a hug to Sassy from me too
I am so sorry that they have had to go through this, but I am glad the Vet was able to find the cause and now continue on with treatment. Take care and I will be thinking of Sassy and sending good thoughts her way

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
i guess i didnt mention that Sassy went home with her mom yesterday...she hasnt changed any since her first injection and a couple oral doses of pred. she did vomit an hour after each dosing and susan called me and i told her what she needed to do...so hopefully no more vomiting tomorrow.
to susan, sassy and family

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Jamie, Thank you for the update....it truly is appreciated.

Susan, Sassy and family,

I am so sorry that the diagnosis turned out to be a lifetime of treatment...I know that you and all of us wanted an outcome that provided good health quickly and completely. I also know that it is hard to hear a diagnosis that encompasses the unknown and many years of treatment.

You and your family have been through so much this year...and I am sure this is the worst....I pray that you continue to know that there are many people who care so deeply, even if they only know you from posts on the computer. We care!!!!!!!

God will see you and Sassy through this....maybe not always in the way you expect but he will guide your way.

I hope and pray that you feel the love we offer.

Susan

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Well, I agree with Missy'sMom on her comment about the power of prayer...I think it did alot already- Sassy has a diagnosis! While it's an incurable condition, at least its treatable. More and more prayers to Susan and Sassy that her treatment works and this little trooper can get back to her normal self.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Susan, I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. You've gone through so much the last few months. Thankfully, little Sassy has you for her mommy. She will get the best support and care any furbaby could possibly need or want. Feel better soon, lil girl!

Jaime, you are amazing, both for your clinical skills and your caring ways. Kudos to you!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Jamie, Thank you for the update....it truly is appreciated.

Susan, Sassy and family,

I am so sorry that the diagnosis turned out to be a lifetime of treatment...I know that you and all of us wanted an outcome that provided good health quickly and completely. I also know that it is hard to hear a diagnosis that encompasses the unknown and many years of treatment.

You and your family have been through so much this year...and I am sure this is the worst....I pray that you continue to know that there are many people who care so deeply, even if they only know you from posts on the computer. We care!!!!!!!

God will see you and Sassy through this....maybe not always in the way you expect but he will guide your way.

I hope and pray that you feel the love we offer.

Susan[/B]
I couldn't express it any better. My love to you Susan, Sassy and family. Though we have never met personally I feel that you are not only my friend but family. Take care! ~ Jackie

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Susan, Sassy will continue to be in my thoughts & prayers. I hope that she responds well to her treatment & is feeling much better soon.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
When Lady was diagnosed with diabetes I read that the average life expectancy after diagnosis was only a year. We are now in our fifth year with this disease and Lady is still going strong.

A few years ago Waltham did a study on canine diabetes at their vet school in Australia which said that all diabetic dogs eventually go blind, most within the first 8 months. Lady had another complete eye exam a few months ago and her eyes are still perfect - no sign of cataracts or glaucoma or any vision loss. That little girl can still spot a crumb of food on the floor from across the room!

Three years ago her arthirtis was so bad she was screaming in pain and had to be walked in a sling. My vet took full xrays and told me that she had the bones of a much older dog and that if she was human, she would have to be put in a nursing home. She said I should start carrying her in a purse......

You should have seen her this morning, running up and down the hall, barking, because I was taking too long to make her breakfast! And trotting along on her morning walk!

Susan, believe that your Sassy can beat the odds, too. These little white angels get their strength from our love and I know how much you and your family love Sassy.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
When Lady was diagnosed with diabetes I read that the average life expectancy after diagnosis was only a year. We are now in our fifth year with this disease and Lady is still going strong.

A few years ago Waltham did a study on canine diabetes at their vet school in Australia which said that all diabetic dogs eventually go blind, most within the first 8 months. Lady had another complete eye exam a few months ago and her eyes are still perfect - no sign of cataracts or glaucoma or any vision loss. That little girl can still spot a crumb of food on the floor from across the room!

Three years ago her arthirtis was so bad she was screaming in pain and had to be walked in a sling. My vet took full xrays and told me that she had the bones of a much older dog and that if she was human, she would have to be put in a nursing home. She said I should start carrying her in a purse......

You should have seen her this morning, running up and down the hall, barking, because I was taking too long to make her breakfast! And trotting along on her morning walk!

Susan, believe that your Sassy can beat the odds, too. These little white angels get their strength from our love and I know how much you and your family love Sassy.[/B]
That was touching, and you lifted my spirit!!!

41 - 60 of 294 Posts