Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,
We've been home from Montgomery for an hour and the dogs are doing extremely well. Sassy is so sweet. She rode home quietly without squirming or shivering, or showing any signs of discomfort. When we got to the house we brought Jolie and Sadie outside to meet her. Jolie was fine but Sadie was peeved and wouldn't give kisses to us. There wasn't any snapping though, so that was good. We came inside and within 30 minutes Sadie and Sassy were rolling around and playing together. Sadie is the one initiating the play and Sassy still seems kind of unsure of her surroundings. She doesn't seem afraid at all. Jolie has run off to her crate to get away. She must think that we are trying to do her in! Poor thing! The two sisters have run so much that I've got them in their playpens right next to each other to take a break. I'm pretty encouraged by things so far. Don't know how it'll go tonight. Sadie has always slept through the night and never fusses. Hope Sassy will do the same. I took some photos and will download them this afternoon or tomorrow, first thing.

I don't think that they remembered each other as siblings. BC&N, the reason that we are just getting Sassy is that the breeder was keeping her to show. As her teeth came in the bite didn't hold so she became available. We've been so taken with Sadie that we let the breeder know that we would be interested in Sassy if she was going to be sold. I hate that there has been so much time in between, but that's the way it goes. The two dogs look VERY much alike. Right now Sassy is in full coat and we've got Sadie with shorter sides. Once Sassy is trimmed like Sadie I don't know that I'll be able to tell them apart easily.

Y'all have been really supportive in my mid-life crisis and I really appreciate it. I'll get photos up ASAP.
Susan

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
This is wonderful! Sounds like things have gone as well as you could ever wish for... I hope it continues.... keep us posted!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
glad it seems like they will be best of friends! Hope your night goes w/o any probs. Good Luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts