Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 40 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Thank you Susan for the update on Sassy. I think of her and your family every day. We will continue to pray that she will receive the right treatment and live many long happy years. She looks so cute in her new haircut and shirt.
To all of you!

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
Sassy is one of the cutest Malts I've ever seen and I was so sad just thinking that she is suffering but then so happy to hear that she may not even know what's happening. I'm so glad that she is playing and doing the normal things they do. I keep praying.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I will certainly keep praying for Sassy and a good outcome on this treatment. She looks precious in her new "Chemo Cut" but still Sassy with her ponytail topknot!

We'll be following her progress and appreciate the way you keep us updated.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Susan, I pray that this treatment will help your precious Sassy. Stay strong. Our prayers are with you and your family.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Susan your whole family especially little Sassy are in my prayers. It breaks my heart that your poor baby even has to go through this type of ordeal. Thank you for including a pic of Sassy. She really does remind me of kodie in that picture. Those little feet and little cute face..
She looks like such a sweetie..
Please give Sassy a big hug from kodie and me. Please try to keep taking pictures of Sassy to include in some of your updates!
Take care Susan... your stronger than you think.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Susan I hope with all my heart that this is going to work. She is such a sweet little girl. And who cares about the long hair. The important thing is her health.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Thanks for the update Susan. I'm glad to hear there are promising options out there, and you found one. I'm continuing to pray for Sassy's long happy life...daily!!
She is lucky to have a wonderful Doctor Auntie Jaimie who is also a fabulous fashion consultant! Green is a great color for Sassy!!!!

xoxoxo,
am & the bc

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Susan, I have already told you this -- I think its so great that you found this vet and are trying new treatment. I love Sassy's chemo cut!!! She is beautiful regardless of the length of her hair
. Big
to you and your family.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
i saw someone said that you couldn't tell she was sick by the picture...well u cant even tell by being there really. she eats like a shark, barks and runs around, and comes for lots of attention. We are all crossing our fingers that this drug can do what the studies are showing. I've read his studies and Susan has read about some of his patients and it looks really promissing. Keep the positive thoughts coming!!!

just one thing about chemo..i know Susan had a misconception b4 I talked to her about it. It is nothing like in people. It isnt a horrible thing that causes severe illness and makes them miserable. They dont loose their hair, and they don't get the vomiting and loss of appetite. many people refuse chemo for their pets because of what they hear about in people, and what they have seen in a loved one going through it. So if anyone ever has to face this, at least hear what your vet has to say about it...like in Sassy's case it can add many HEALTHY years onto their life
[/B]
Chemo is not even that bad in people anymore. Plus, there are specific drugs like Tamoxifen, aromatase inhibitors in breast cancer that have very few side effects.

I just recently worked with an internal medicine resident (for humans) who used to have a little shih tzu/poodle mix dog that developed a "highly differentiated T cell lymphoma" at the age of 12 yrs old. She was offered chemo for her dog but decided not to do it. Instead, she (herself) treated her dog with prednisone. The dog lived for another 2 years and ended up dying at 14!!!!!! I found that to be amazing plus the diagnosis was such a rare one. This isn't really relevant here at all but the whole chemo thing reminded me of this story.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Sassy looks beautiful no matter what her hair style is, she's just a precious little honey!
I will continue to pray for you, Sassy and your entire family!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Susan, I am so glad to hear this news! I don't know why, but this thread never came up for me...I had to search for it. I love Sassy's expression in that photo...she looks darling. We are all extremely fortunate to have such a wonderful "in house" consultant in soon to be Dr. Jamie. I will continue the prayers and postive thoughts and wish you and Sassy only the best!

21 - 40 of 397 Posts