Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

381 - 397 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts

I know the ups and downs must be awfully frustrating and exhausting emotionally for you.
Big hugs and prayers coming your way....

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Sassy's bad days I think must make you all the more grateful for her good days. Suffering myself from fibromyalgia, I know how easily I go from feeling "good" to feeling like sh**. In life, there are some things that we have absolutely no control over. But we must remember there is One who does have control. And as long as we have faith, everything will work out. Maybe not the way we wished, but the way it is meant to.
I can tell you personally that I have fallen in love with your whole family and I wish there was a way that I could help. If you are ever in the WV area just know that I will be available whenever for whatever. Just ask Jaimie
!
I know that you are extremely busy with your caring for Sassy and your other fluffbutts. So thank you for keeping us informed as best as you can. We all anxiously await hearing about Sassy. I have talked to my hubby so many times re the fluffs on SM that he has begun to say I'm a little
. That's fine, cause I can see that he loves our fluffs as much as I do when he thinks I am not looking.

·
Registered
427 Posts

Susan, Sassy is in my prayers and thoughts. I am so sorry she is taking more steps backwards than forward. I will be looking for updates when you have time.

I am glad that you got to visit with Jaimie and Pixel. Jaimie is such a wonderful person and vet and Pixel is so adorable.

Susan, Skeeter, Sassy, Panda & Lexi

We seem to take one step forward and two back. Sassy hasn't eaten anything in 48 hours. Her temp is a bit higher than it has been. I was glad that Jaimie was coming over today. She was fairly active with Pixel and Sadie running around but was grumpy when I gave her syringes of food. It is very disheartening to see her having a bad couple of days. I called our vet and we are giving another antibiotic, hoping to head off the beginnings on an infection. If she isn't better by Friday we'll do more bloodwork.

PS. Sadie and I really enjoyed our visit with Pixel (and Jaimie, of course). Jaimie did some grooming on Sassy since her hair has grown quite a bit since she got her Chemo cut in February. Pixel is absolutely adorable. She is a nice, laid back puppy. I was quite proud of Sadie who was nicely behaved and didn't act too territorial. Sassy interacted somewhat with Pixel. She didn't want to be left out of the activity between Sadie and Pixel, but she just isn't feeling well.....[/B]

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #385
This may be my last update before my cruise. We leave tomorrow morning for Miami and the ship departs on Sunday.

Sassy is now in Baton Rouge with Jaimie. My daughter and I just returned from taking her over there. She is not doing well. I really hated to move her away from home, but Jaimie had concerns as to whether the sitter would really be able to manage Sassy in her current condition. At least Jaimie will know what to do and she can always go back the ICU at LSU Vet school. We don't even have a full time ICU in my area. In addition my regular vet is going to be out of town most of the time that we'll be gone. Jaimie very kindly offered for Sassy to stay with her and we all feel that it is the best thing for Sassy. John and I trust Jaimie completely and if difficult decisions must be made she knows that we only want for Sassy to have a decent quality of life. Right now that quality isn't so good. We are still hopeful that she'll get over this slump, but we take it one hour at a time.

I'll be checking in with Jaimie during the cruise but I won't be accessing the boards. Jaimie is welcome to update you on Sassy's condition......

There has been much written about the good and the bad of the internet. This is a good story. Were it not for the the internet and this particular board I would never have had the opportunity and the priviledge to meet Jaimie. No matter what the end result is with Sassy, our family is very, very fortunate.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Susan, I am so sorry to hear that Sassy isn't doing well. At least you have the piece of mind knowing that she is in excellent hands. You and your baby will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Oh Susan, I am finding it hard to hold back my tears.
Bless your heart! I know it must be very difficult to leave her right now...Praise the Lord you have Jaimie!!!
I will pray that Sassy will improve and gain strength while you are away.
Big hugs...
traci

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Oh Susan, I am so sorry that things aren't a lot better. I have been and will continue to keep Sassy and you and your whole family in my prayers. I hope that under the circumstances, you can still enjoy your cruise and your parent's anniversary. Thank God for Jaimie and her offer to keep Sassy for you while you are away. I think that is a wonderful idea. Hopefully you will come back and Sassy will be doing much better. Have a safe trip and try to relax and enjoy yourself. God Bless!

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
I'm so sorry this is happening to Sassy again. Poor little darling thing has been through so much. I'm glad Jaimie can take her while you are gone. I can't think of a better thing for her right now.

I hope you guys are able to have a good time on the cruise. Just know Sassy is in good hands and our prayers for her recovery will continue.
Big Hugs!

·
Premium Member
23,994 Posts
Oh Susan, it breaks my heart, little Sassy is trying so hard to get better. Jamie is a God send, please try and enjoy your cruise, you need some time to laugh and spoil yourself. I love cruises. I will continue to pray for you and Sassy.

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
I'm so sorry she is not better. This is so sad. I hope she has some fun at Jaimie's house with Parker and Pixel and she can forget that she is sick. sometimes that's all you need when you are sick, just some good company. Jaimie is such a good person, and she knows what to do or where to take her if she needs more medical help.

Try to have some fun, I have no idea how you are going to do it but just try. you need it after all you've been through and hopefully when you come back she is all better. we keep praying for her in the mean time

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Aww, I feel so bad that things aren't going better.....thank God Jaimie is able to take her home with her. I know it will be hard, but try and enjoy your cruise and your parents anniversary celebration. I know Sassy will be thrilled silly to see her mommy when you return. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

381 - 397 of 397 Posts