Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know I promised and finally got around to taking the pictures in the new pink dress that I made to match the stroller. I made the bow too but I think I need some pointers on bows. I think I need stiffener, but it does have Swarovski crystals. Here ya go.......

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wow, Sassy is the cutest little thing! Simply, adorable! I love her dress and matching barette. Have you made her clothes before? You did a great job.
Where did you find a pattern? I've tried making *Tink* bows and barettets but they don't hold up very long

·
Registered
522 Posts
This is really odd but I can't see a thing. There is nothing showing up on my computer. I feel like your Sassy is invisible to only me. *sob*

·
Registered
522 Posts
Oh!! I see her now. What a beautiful dog! She doesn't even look real, she's classic. How old is she? How did you get her hair so long?
The photos were definately worth the wait, thanks!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Oh, she is breathtaking. I cannot imagine a top show dog being any more gorgeous that she is. I particularly love the first picture.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by *Tink's*Mommy@Oct 21 2005, 08:52 PM
Wow, Sassy is the cutest little thing!  Simply, adorable!  I  love her dress and matching barette.  Have you made her clothes before?  You did a great job.
   Where did you find a pattern? I've tried making *Tink* bows and barettets but they don't hold up very long

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=112140
[/QUOTE]

No, actually I have never made Sassy a dress before, although I have sewn for years. This is the very first dress I have ever made for her and the pattern is compliments of Jodi of chloeandj THANKS JODI!!
This is also the first hair bow I have ever made and it was not as easy as they look
I actually sewed an elastic to the back so I could put it over her topknot. I felt like I had 10 thumbs
But it turned out pretty good, and the dress is completely finished (lined) and machine sewed except for the little two inch section that I left open to turn the dress through. I had to hand sew that little portion (underneath.) Also, I did not stitch the skirt onto the top after it was made. I actually made it like a human dress....no after thoughts

Thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by 20202@Oct 21 2005, 09:03 PM
Oh!!  I see her now.  What a beautiful dog!  She doesn't even look real, she's classic.  How old is she?  How did you get her hair so long? 
The photos were definately worth the wait, thanks!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=112147
[/QUOTE]

Hi Linda,
Thank you for the lovely compliment. Sassy will be 3 years old on Dec. 2nd. She has a wonderful coat and it grows very fast. It was touching the floor by her first birthday or shortly after. I do not do anything special for her coat except the fact that I use good products (just switched to CC.) She is gorgeous but her coat is definitely a lot of work. It takes 1 1/2--2 hours to blow dry
after the 1/2 hour it takes me to shampoo, condition, and then after bath (product name.)

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Holliberry@Oct 21 2005, 09:25 PM
I love Sassy in her new pink dress!  
   Phoebe wants to know if thats a fuzzy pink squeaky purse that she sees in the stroller!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=112161
[/QUOTE]

Yes, tell little Miss Phoebe that little pink fuzzy thing is a purse, and it has "Princess" embroidered on it. (Target for $4.99 I think.) I'll bet Phoebe has the same one.
A girl can't go out without her accessories
And we wonder how they get so spoiled

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Too cute!! Have you taken the stroller out in public? I am too chicken to buy one (although I think it would be very convenient) because I am sure everyone will think I am nuts! Maybe its because we haven't had real kids yet so we have never been out with a stroller.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
She is such a beautiful malt!!! Just adorable!!!
Do the dresses matt her hair? We are planning to grow out Rosie's hair but we still want her to wear the cute outfits!!!

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I actually made the dress a couple of weeks ago, but she had not worn it yet. Yesterday when I got it out and told her she was going to wear it she was so cute. I did not undo the neck I was just going to slip it over her head. She was like a little kid trying to help me put it on her. Then I was trying to velcro the underneath and her hair was getting in the way. So I said to her that I needed to see what I was doing and she would have to turn over. I turned her onto her back and she laid soooo very still while I got the hair out of the way and hooked her little dress. She wore it all day long and way so prissy, she loves pretty things.

AJ...Sassy gets a few tangles where the dress rubs her but not bad. I always make sure I brush her out after I take clothes off of her. That way the tangles do not get too set.

Olga, I took Sassy to my sister-in-laws ranch and brought the stroller, but no we have not been in the stores yet, although I can't wait. The weather has been sooooo hot here that I myself have been a hermit. It is beginning to cool down a little so Sassy and I will be able to venture out. This same stroller comes in blue and is a little cheaper than the pink. If you get serious about purchasing a stroller PM me and I will give you some info on strollers. This particular stroller is very well made and I am very happy with it.

Thanks to everyone who has given us such nice thoughtful compliments. You are all the best and all of the Malts are gorgous.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Pat, you did an exceptional job on the dress. Sassy looks absolutely beautiful. Of course she looks beautiful with or without dress/stroller. She is a gorgeous girl.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm not sure how I missed this picture. It shows her more face forward.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.