Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a satin bed for you fluff, do they like it? Does it get cold in the winter?

Nikki has "adopted" a satin-like throw pillow that I was going to give to Goodwill. She barely fits on it, lol. So I thought that I'd purchase a couple of satin beds, but I am not sure whether they are practical in the winter months, and my apartment isn't big enough to hold multiple beds. Here's the one I'd buy: Pink Satin Bow Dog Bed

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Cosy likes hers. She has that exact bed. It's very small though. Not big enough for two, really. Here's another site with larger ones. Satin Dog Beds Exhibitors use them since they're easy on the hair.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I would be interested to hear what other people say. I've been thinking about a satin bed for Aolani too as his hair is so cottony, but I wonder if it would give him static becuase his hair is so cottony. I wondering if you can just put a little blanket over the pups during cold nights - Aolani loves to snuggle under his blanket.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd probably buy 2 of them. They sleep with us in our bed at night, so they would be used for naps during the day.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
The satin bed you linked is probably made exclusively from or a combination of polyester, rayon, and nylon so it will actually be very warm. I once had satin pajamas and I could not wear them because they were SO hot. It can also become very static charged just like fleece so if you have a very dry house in the winter I probably wouldn't recommend it.

A couple of SM members (not sure if they're still on SM though) have purchased that bed in the past and said their pups loved it. It is a great price, too! I probably wouldn't go for the satin personally, but mostly because Preston gets hot really easily. London likes to snuggle under blankets but we sometimes have a static problem in the winter with all of the fleece and poly-blend blankets.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
We have 2 Satin Beds here and both Lacie and Tilly love them and sleep in them year round. We have tile on the floors so it can be cold in the winter and yet they still prefer the satin beds. We have other beds throughout the house, but they seem to gravitate to the satin ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts