Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never fails everytime I go to our Petsmart I see a Maltese in the grooming area. This one was sure a cutie. I didn't have Harley with me at the time. It had a rather long coat,just beutiful.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
how funny! i stopped by my vets office to hang out...since i used to work there, they are all friends of mine. there was another malt that came in. ive never seen such a mean animal. his owner cant even touch him! then someone asked her if hers was a malt, and she said "yes, but hes mean not like the books say"...then she pointed at parker and said "thats how they r supposed to be"
her dog has ear probs...she cant even get the meds in him cause he wont let her touch him. but once he was away from momma he wasnt too bad. guess that dog knows how to get his way around mom

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
And I never see any Maltese anywhere. All the white dogs that catch my eye when I'm out are Bichons, Westies or Poodles.

Wow, wonder what's makin' that Malt mean? Hard to imagine a mean Maltese.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I see a lot of maltese here, palm beach, but most of the owners here are just so friggen stuck up. If i ever see one and say something to them about there dog (something nice!) they look at Sunny and are just like, but his hair is so short are you sure he is a maltese (that was a favorate one lol, i mean its not like you can cut that hair or the dog might be a puppy), or but he is so big. Sorry i just think even you someone shows you the ugliest meanest looking dog on earth you smile and say oh (s)he is so sweet
the worst part is the dogs with these people alwasy look so miserable i want to take then away so they can come play with Sunny lol. Obviously there are some really nice maltese owners (like ya'll!) i just havnt met any around here

·
Registered
522 Posts
I was beginning to think that no one has a maltese around here. I just found out that my chiropractor has two. He showed me pictures. They are cut in puppy cuts and are adorable. He said he only brushes them once or twice a month (!!) When people ask me what kind of dog is Izzy and I answer "maltese" they get a blank look on their faces. But then again, these are the same people that ask me if the dog's name is JUICY because it's on the side of her carrier.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Originally posted by Lilly521@Mar 12 2005, 08:00 AM
I see a lot of maltese here, palm beach, but most of the owners here are just so friggen stuck up.  If i ever see one and say something to them about there dog (something nice!) they look at Sunny and are just like, but his hair is so short are you sure he is a maltese (that was a favorate one lol, i mean its not like you can cut that hair or the dog might be a puppy), or but he is so big.  Sorry i just think even you someone shows you the ugliest meanest looking dog on earth you smile and say oh (s)he is so sweet 
  the worst part is the dogs with these people alwasy look so miserable i want to take then away so they can come play with Sunny lol.  Obviously there are some really nice maltese owners (like ya'll!) i just havnt met any around here
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42484
[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you there. I live in the DFW area and I see malts all the time, and those ladies are SUPER STUCK UP, gives little dog people a bad name. I hate to "stereotype" people, and I do try to be friendly everytime I see one, but EVERYTIME they are the WORST! And my dog IS small with long hair, so its not just you...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts