Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sophie is going in for her spay tomorrow morning at 7. She is also having some baby teeth pulled and getting microchipped. I know I'm just a worried mommy but I know you all here with tiny ones know how I feel. Please say a little prayer for her tomorrow that everything goes smoothly :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Oh Jennifer, my thoughts and prayers are with you :wub:. When MiLey had her's done I put MiLey in a little onesie with a hole for her tail, so she wouldn't lick at her stitches. I was a nervous wreck but she did fine. They had to repaired a hernia at the same. She didn't even take any pain pill afterward.

Darlene and MiLey

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Sending sweet little Sophie my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure she'll do fine but us mom's sure do worry. Try to distract yourself tomorrow and before you know it she'll be home. :grouphug:

·
Registered
268 Posts
awww.....I am sure precious Sophie will come out of the surgery without any complications. We used the cone on Diamond, but she didn't really go after her injury too much. (of course....the location wasn't that accessible). A onesie might be a great idea if you are still a little nervous. I must admint, they do look cute in those onesies :biggrin:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Aww poor Sophie. She'll be alright. The "Cone of Shame" is a nice milestone every pupster has to endure. Take lots of pics when she's feeling better, I loved Bernie in her giant martini glass.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
I'll be thinking of your little Sophie in the morning. I'm sure she'll do just fine.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all so much for the kind words. I suppose I am so nervous because this is my first pup to have spayed. My first malt Gracie and Bailey were spayed when I got them. I am just so nervous. Mostly about having to leave her. Thank goodness I don't have to leave her overnight or I would be a basket-case! My vet recommended blood work before the surgery. Is this normal? He said it would reveal any complications that could arise and also help them to give her the correct amount of anesthetic. I have a pack of onsies that I bought and already tried on her to be sure they fit. I'm going have her with me all day every day until the stitches come out so I will be able to be 100% sure that she won't bother them so I think the onsie will work instead of the cone. She's sound asleep right now with a full tummy, poor baby doesn't know what's coming :(

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
Saying a little prayer for Sophie:prayer: & sending good thoughts your way. Hope she has a very speedy recovery.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Aww, Jennifer. This time tomorrow it will be over and Sophie will be resting in your arms. Praying all goes well.
xoxoxoxoxo

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Prayers are going out for little Sophie as she goes thru her surgery today! I understand your concern... I always hate leaving my babies....have had to do it several times and even though all went well, I'll never get used to it. I do nothing but watch the clock all day ( and it never seems to move!) .
I'm sure your baby girl will be fine...hope you can find something to keep yourself busy to help YOU get thru the day ; )

1 - 20 of 32 Posts