Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm now thinking of just getting a good scanner and maybe a small photo printer (for 4X6 pictures). I don't know anything about scanners and photo printers. Could someone recommend some printers or photo printers?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I have an epson stylus photo R300. It's pretty good, no complaints and I've had it over a year now. The newer model has a little screen so that you can view and print w/o going thru the computer. Mine has all the slots for memory cards and a usb in front to hook up a camera and the screen is only for option selections (can't see pics).

A friend has one of those 4x6 only printers and she said the ink is really expensive and that she would have rather have gotten a photo printer that she could use for other things too. She said this last year though, I had asked her about it then before getting the epson.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've got the Dell 930 All in One printer/copier/scanner/fax. It works really really well, but with the cost of paper and ink, I find it easier and cheaper to take my pictures with my digital camera and take the memory card to Wal-Mart, select the pictures I want, do whatever modification I need on their computer (red eye elimination, etc) and print it from there. It's .30 per picture, but if you get 50 pictures or more, then they are only .25 per picture. Hope you find a great deal.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Kristi have you thought about that with a digital camera you won't need a scanner anymore ? Since I bought my digital camera I haven't used the scanner for pictures.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I know. My thing is that I would love to scan all of my mom's pictures that we have from when we grew up. She has TONS!!! I would also like to scan my grandparent's pictures.

I might be able to borrow my friend's scanner. Because of the number of photos it might take a few months to get them all scanned. So I would need to make sure that it was ok to keep it for that long.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I still use the scanner function of my printer/fax/scanner to copy stuff. I have (had) one of the HP multifunction printers. I think the # was 2175 or something like that. I really liked it and will get another. Mine had a place to insert the photo cards for ease of transfer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.