Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow, it's almost been a month since lucy's spay!!!
time really flies. anyways, she's healed pretty nicely, but i've noticed a little bit of scar tissue that feels lumpy to the touch. should i have her checked out or is it OK? let me know
have a good night everyone.. 2 more days til the weekend!

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
It could be internal sutures working their way out that haven't dissolved. It would be a good idea to have the vet take a peak just to make sure they aren't little fluid pockets. If the dog doesn't dissolve the sutures, they will just take a few months to work their way out. Your vet will recommend you watch them and trim or pull them out as they come to the skin.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
what if they had stiches on the outside? When Sunny got neutered he had his stiches on the outside and later got them removed but he has some bumpy scar tissue I didnt think anything of it though should I have that checked out?

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
The incision is closed in layers with internal and external sutures. It may just be scar tissue or it could just be the sutures taking a long time to dissolve/work their way out. I think these little guys just have thin skin...

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I think chelsey had her done at the same time as your puppy, it has been one month for her as well. You cannot see any scaring , It could just be slow healing.. but i would take her back to the vet to make sure or at least call them if you are concerned

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks a billion everyone

kodie i had totally forgotten about that post; thanks

we're bringing her into the the vets tomorrow just as a precaution.

better safe than sorrrrry

thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts