Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,074 Posts
I checked into resues when I was looking for a maltese. I was turned down. My backyard is not fenced in. Since then I have meet a wonderful woman who rescues Bichon's and she has told me anytime I want one just call her and she would gladly give me one. She says I am a wonderful pet owner. It still hurts my feelings that I was turned down. I know I shouldn't take it personally, they are just trying to find wonderful forever homes, but still...I am a good mommy! I tried explaining that my development does not allow fences, but I was told I couldn't have a maltese, even if I went outside with a dog. Oh well, I wish you lots of luck. They ask lots of questions to make sure you know what you are getting into and if you can handle it. I have lots of respect for people you can do it...takes a special kind of person.

· Registered
1,074 Posts
I tried explaining that a maltese would be on a leash when outside but I was told I had to have a fenced in yard. I would never leave Lacey outside by herself even if I did have a fenced in backyard. I understand that they are trying to find forever homes for these little ones and they didn't know me at all. Lacey goes outside without a leash, but I or my husband is always with her. It took a lot of work (training) to make sure she stays with us. But she is my little velcro strip so she is always with me. Good luck. Those little ones need lots of attention and love and a forever home. I would love to get another maltese but I don't think Lacey would do well with another maltese in the house. I have had dogs that had no problem with having another dog in the house but this little one is very attached to me and I think she would not adjust well at all. She is my baby so that is okay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.