Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

441 - 451 of 451 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
So happy to hear that things are looking up for Scooby - it's wonderful that Jaimie helped you find Dr. Gonto and he is so willing to help and that your vet has an open mind to his treatment suggestions - helps to renew my faith in mankind. Prayers still going up.

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">I wasn't able to log on yesterday to post & it was killing me! But thanks to Joe I'm back on! I'm so happy you have found Dr. Gonto & sounds like the prognosis is great since this was found early.
You are still in my prayers. (I would have clicked on "group hug" here but still haven't figured out the problem with all the red X's with IPB Image instead of certain pics, siggys, & clickable smilies and don't want to mess with it...I'm soooo happy just to be back on the forum!) Hugs from me & Zoe!!!

How is Scoobys tummy? Is he keeping all his food down? What's his current diet? So much to catch up on!!</span>

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
Thanks everyone, Scooby has had a great day today, he is eating well and has gained another ounce in weight, doesn't sound like much, but it's a major milestone for us since he was always losing before.
Today we bought some Diastix test strips to keep an eye on his glucose in his urine and he is in the high rate so I guess we are looking down the Fanconi barrel.
We will cross that hurdle when he is back up a bit more in weight and I am sure his tummy is all better. He just came out to let me know his is hungry againnn, he has eaten very well today, some chicken and rice with chicken and sweet potato baby food mixed in, and some kibble, it's like he is making up for all those days he didn't eat, bless his little heart

We took both boys for a ride in the truck today, just to get them out for a bit of air, and Scooby was his normal little yappy self again, saying g'day to everyone who we passed, I have to say normally we tell him to keep it quiet but today it was music to both our ears

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Janet, I am just thrilled .. so thrilled.. to hear how well things are going. If Joe ever has second thoughts about running SM, he only has to look at our ability to connect with one another here because besides being an enjoyable pastime it can be, even more importantly, life saving.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Janet, I am just thrilled .. so thrilled.. to hear how well things are going. If Joe ever has second thoughts about running SM, he only has to look at our ability to connect with one another here because besides being an enjoyable pastime it can be, even more importantly, life saving.
[/B]

What Sher said.........

441 - 451 of 451 Posts