Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday evening our little fluff had an 'accident' on her cushion! It was very soft which is not normal. We haven't changed her food or treats and as far as we know she hasn't eaten something that she shouldn't.
Today it was a bit better but tonight she has still got soft poo again but has now started dragging her bum on the floor. Plus she seems to have forgotten her potty area a couple of times today which is again not normal. Well she has been going in the correct place for the last 3 weeks apart from 1 or 2 accidents.

Her general behaviour seems normal, playing, running , eating, drinking and sleeping, well she is only 16 weeks :)

We will be taking her to the vets first thing in the morning but thought I would ask the experts.

Sorry for the poo descriptions.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
aww sounds like she has tummy troubles. iim glad u are taking herto the vet just so u can rule out anything .. are u certain she didnt eat anything else ? dolce has has soft poo like that and it was a consequence of different treats one time ... ihope its nothing serious n that she goes back to her original self soon ... now can we see some puppy pics pls :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for your advice, we cant think of anything she ate. Although she did eat a small (5mm square) of sort of silver material from a toy.
She seems as playful as ever so just be safe a trip to vets I think.

As you asked for photos here are a few although she does need a good trim.

Connie on an attempted walk on the Promenade. I say attempted as so far she has only managed 10 yards :)

Connie with her treat ball in the background

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Since you're going to the vet anyway, I'll let them discuss this with you (best thing is to consult with the vet anyway). But it is normal for dogs/puppies to get loose stool/scoot from time to time if they have gotten into something they shouldn't have (you don't always see this) or given an abrupt change in diet or given table scraps. I just wanted to tell you that your little one is cute as a bug's ear...precious precious pictures!!! And hope to hear the status report once you get back from the vets!

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
The scooting might be from having a dirty bottom. You can use a baby wipe to clean and do make sure you trim the hair in that area. Every once in awhile one of my girls gets a "dingle berry", and they do not like it at all. I just use a tissue to remove it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers. She has had a couple of 'dingle berries' but she just sits down next to her toilet and wont move till we have sorted it out. We do use the wipes and trim the offending hair :)
I am guessing the vet will just say its an upset stomach but best to be safe.
Cheers

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
omg she is too too cute , i love her face and her coat is soo nice !!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Panic over, she must have just eaten something some how that she wasn't supposed to. Her poo was back to normal and a phone call to vet recommended to keep an eye on her this morning and if she and her poo were normal then she just had an upset stomach.

She and her poo are completely normal this afternoon. :)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Welcome to the club of Those Who Celebrate Normal Poo Experiences ;) :D HAHAHAHA!!! Glad she's back to herself again!!! Too cute that she sits and waits for her attendants to take care of her dingleberries! :D

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Phew --poo tragedy averted.:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: Sometimes dogs do scoot though if their anal glands need expressing so see what happens in the scoot (vs poop) area. Happy everything's coming out okay in the end. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Glad she's okay now. :) The vet may or may not have checked, but sometimes when they scoot their bottoms on the floor it is because their anal glands are full and need emptied. Most dogs empty them naturally when they have bowel movements, but others need assistance. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts