Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3 month old Peaches always scratches her ears after waking up from a nap. She doesnt have any fleas or mites or anything like that, but she will scratch her ears for a very long time......then she will chew on her pack paw.....why she does this i have no idea. Has this ever happened to anyone else? what could be causing this obsessive scratching? i tried anti itch sprays, anti itch ear powder....but nothing has worked. She's even starting to have little scabs in her ears from her scratching. What should I do next???

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Maybe allergies?

this is O/T, but, did you find a breeder in So Cal. and is Peaches your new puppy? If so, where did you get her. I love puppies :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by sunnydays@May 1 2005, 10:50 PM
Maybe allergies?

this is O/T, but, did you find a breeder in So Cal. and is Peaches your new puppy? If so, where did you get her.  I love puppies  :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58814
[/QUOTE]

we found her at a pet store in Alta Dena California. She was soooo sweet i just had to get her. Are u looking for a pup?

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by g1enda1e@May 2 2005, 01:56 AM
My 3 month old Peaches always scratches her ears after waking up from a nap. She doesnt have any fleas or mites or anything like that, but she will scratch her ears for a very long time......then she will chew on her pack paw.....why she does this i have no idea. Has this ever happened to anyone else? what could be causing this obsessive scratching? i tried anti itch sprays, anti itch ear powder....but nothing has worked. She's even starting to have little scabs in her ears from her scratching. What should I do next???

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58811
[/QUOTE]

I suggest you have the vet check it out.. could be a yeast ( fungal) and also could go to a secondary bacterial from the scratching. it could well be stemming from allergy ( more often than not food) and corn often the culprit.
Missysmom

·
Registered
53 Posts
Definately take her to the Vet!
Menachem did the strachting thing for a while and it turned out to be ear infections in both ears!

After the vet, it cleared up very quickly!

Get Well Soon!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@May 2 2005, 04:11 AM
Something is going on... what food are you feeding her?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58835
[/QUOTE]

i feed her eukanuba puppy (the lamb and rice formula)....do u think that could be it? what should i feed her?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<span style="color:gray">
UPDATE:
i took her to the vet today and it turned out Peaches had a yeast/bacteria infection.

the vet put some kind of solution in her ear to flush out all the debris, and he also plucked out all the hair in the canal...im so glad that i now know what is causing all her itching and it can be treated.
thanks to everyone for all the helpful advice!!!=)</span>

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by g1enda1e@May 2 2005, 04:50 PM
<span style="color:gray">
UPDATE:
i took her to the vet today and it turned out Peaches had a yeast/bacteria infection.

the vet put some kind of solution in her ear to flush out all the debris, and he also plucked out all the hair in the canal...im so glad that i now know what is causing all her itching and it can be treated.
thanks to everyone for all the helpful advice!!!=)</span>

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59039
[/QUOTE]

Ah glad you got to the source of the problem. peaches will feel much better once this is taken care of!
Missysmom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts