Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some will say, I am a bad mom.
But Puddles didn't like the car seat he had, would cry the entire time he was harness in. So, I would let him have the run of the back seat, most of the time he would be laying down. Well, today on the way to the groomers a car stopped right in front of us. Hubby put on the brakes (not hard) knowing that Puddles was in the back. Down in the floor board with his blanket he went. I reached between the seats and could not even see him for the blanket. I yelled, pull over, all I wanted was my baby out of the floor. I was half way in the back seat when I finally got him up on the seat. I was so upset, I didn't even care if we hit the car or not. I climbed in the back seat and checked him out, all was okay. I snuggled him the rest of the way. After his bath we headed to Petsmart and purchased a harness with a seat beat attachment.

What kind of device do you guys use with your babies. I saw one that I think the dog had to sit up to use and like I said, Puddles lays down when riding most of the time. If I don't like this one, back it goes until the perfect one is found.

Lesson learned....

But need ideals....:wacko:

·
Registered
7,741 Posts

this is what i use for parker...he can lay down in it. he cried the first time then he curled up an went to sleep. now we have no problems. you use a regular harness and hook them in

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Right now I just let Tuffy lounge in his carrier while I'm driving.. I haven't had anything bad happen, but the other day he decided he didn't want to stay in the carrier and tried jumping into my lap while I was driving.. so now I'm looking for a seat harness too..

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the seat that Parker uses, but our truck does not have a head rest in the back seat. I would like the seat to be able to transfer from my Yukon to his truck.

Can you look at Parker's seat for me and see if it will work with out a head rest, please? If you think it will I will order him one on line. Also Puddles was weighed today and hes up to 8 lbs, think its big enough for him?

Thanks.....Mom & Puddles

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
it depends on how big the top of the seat it...it is adjustable...i put it as big as it would go and looks like a 18-24 inch diameter. do the seats fold down? b/c there is a part that wraps around in the middle of the seat (that part expands to a much larger diameter) this seat will fit dogs up to 20#. i love it, i got it at kingwholesale.com for 20$ and comes in many colors to match the interior of your car. if you need me to take any oictures of it let me know

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I have the same one that msmagnolia has. I haven't used it in months though. I need to get it out again. While driving in town Lexi just lays on my lap. When I'm on the highway I put her crate up in the backseat. She usually sleeps the entire time.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I recently posted about the same thing. I was so scared driving with Bella since she's only 3-1/2 lbs. I thought any fast break and she'll fly out the window. So I bought this one and I love it. I took her out with it yesterday and she was crying the whole time but I figured it was for her wellbeing so I ignored her and she just went to sleep after a while. I was driving so relieved knowing that she was safe!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi would bark at me non-stop for as long as she was in the carseat (we were on a 3 hour car trip).
After an hour I couldn't take anymore and pulled over to set her crate up. I covered the crate up with a sheet so she couldn't see me. She barked for about 5 minutes and then went to sleep. I tried the carseat a few more times but she barked eat time. I finally just gave up.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have to admit I am a bad mother... :ph34r: The girls dont have a car seat.
Maya usually likes to lay down on the floor of the car. I guess she gets car sick cuz she doesnt want to go on anyones lap. Deazie usually lays on my lap. i'm always so carefull when I drive by myself with the girls and is usually around town.
I most likely will be buying the model msmagnolia has for her baby.

I been saving because for 2 it wil be little price

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by mylittlebella@Oct 18 2004, 12:02 PM
I recently posted about the same thing.  I was so scared driving with Bella since she's only 3-1/2 lbs.  I thought any fast break and she'll fly out the window.  So I bought this one and I love it.  I took her out with it yesterday and she was crying the whole time but I figured it was for her wellbeing so I ignored her and she just went to sleep after a while.  I was driving so relieved knowing that she was safe!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12369
[/QUOTE]

I saw this harness on eBay the other day and was so tempted to buy it because it's such a good price.. I'm going to look into it now! Thanks for posting that!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79+Oct 18 2004, 03:12 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mylittlebella
@Oct 18 2004, 12:02 PM
I recently posted about the same thing.  I was so scared driving with Bella since she's only 3-1/2 lbs.  I thought any fast break and she'll fly out the window.  So I bought this one and I love it.  I took her out with it yesterday and she was crying the whole time but I figured it was for her wellbeing so I ignored her and she just went to sleep after a while.  I was driving so relieved knowing that she was safe!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12369
I saw this harness on eBay the other day and was so tempted to buy it because it's such a good price.. I'm going to look into it now! Thanks for posting that!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12406
[/B][/QUOTE]

They have it at Petedge.com, that's where I bought it. It's very well made and you can cut the strap to make it shorter so your baby can't move as much. So far, I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LadyMontava, We checked and his back seat does not lay down, its also a bench seat. Don't look like it would work....grrrrrrrr I could put him in the front and me in the back.....lol

I suppose I will get the harness like mylittlebella posted. The only thing is that Puddles can't see out the window, but he will be safe.

The other seat (chair looking seat) is very nice, but I can't put $60 and up in a seat for him right now.

:D

J

·
0 Posts
I use the same one that LadyMontava uses. Lacey loves it. I have it in the front seat, I know she should be in the backseat but my car is little and she can't see out the windows in the backseat. Lacey looks so cute in her little seat. People pull up besides my car and there she is in her seat just looking out the window at them. I had a trucker pull up beside me a few months ago and he just fell in love with Lacey. Now imagine a big, burly truckdriver making funny little faces and waving to a little white princess doggy. She had a real fancy bow in her hair and her hair was long then. It was so funny. Oh and it is big enough for her to lay down in.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i have parker int he front seat also...i just make sure the seat is pushed as far back as it can go.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
just looked to your link of little piccolina. what a lovely pup, very sad but glad your little bella helped you to get over your loss

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I bought the seat like the one Lady Montava posted, it's really neat! Too bad Tuffy hates it!
He tries to escape despite the fact he is hooked in there. He spends most of the ride standing up in it trying to figure out how he could jump onto my lap.. thank goodness for the hook! He's kind of getting used to it.. I'm trying to take him out in it whenever I am just going to be driving around.. towards the end of the trip he'll finally lay down it.. like he's been defeated.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts