Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Secret seems to adjust so quickly to everything. She's tiny but fearless and very adventurous.

Yesterday we went in the car to do a few errands. It was the first time I had taken Secret in the car. Going Bye-Bye in the car if one of Lacie's and Tilly's favorite activies and as soon as I say "bye-bye" they're dancing at the garage door and can't wait to go.

Secret doesn't know this routine yet and was a little skeptical. I put everyone's car harnesses on and attached them to the car seats in the back seat of my car. I put Lacie and Secret in the same seat (the seats are a large) and Tilly in the seat by herself. But the car seats touch each other, so it's really like have an entire back seat of one car seat.

And we took off to run the errands. When I looked at the backseat to see how Secret was doing, she was looking out the window and smiling. She seemed to be having a very nice time.

I can't believe how quickly she adapts to everything. I'm very proud of her. I know that in the future, she will know that "bye-bye" means going in the car and having FUN. :)

It's great that she's adjusting so well. It's only been 2 weeks tomorrow night and it seems like she's be here always.:wub:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
It's great to hear that Secret is doing so well at her new home :wub: I really enjoyed reading this story in the morning, thanks for sharing :)

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
That's great Lynn. Reminds me of how well Hannah adapted to riding & everything else. I'll say it again,I love the retirees.:wub:

·
Registered
597 Posts
It is good to read how well beautiful Secret is adapting to your home. She is one lucky fluff to have you!

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
That's great news!:chili: I have wondered what it would be like to have a retiree. My girls are both young and Lord willing, we'll be together many years. My DH and I are both approaching retirement in the next few years and I think it would be nice to adopt a retired Maltese, someday. I'm amazed at how well and how quickly little Secret is adapting. She seems like such a smart, happy little girl. She knows she fell into the "gravy boat". :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Lynn, what I noticed when I got Claire is that she would look to Kallie and Catcher to see their reaction and then that is how she would act. At first she seemed like she was going to have separation anxiety but after a couple days she saw that Kallie and Catcher were fine with my leaving so she went along. Even now, she'll follow Catcher's lead when he is doing something and she'll copy him. Having K & C made Claire's adjustment much easier!

I'm glad Secret enjoyed her car ride. I could just picture her looking out the window, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,905 Posts
I'm so pleased for you, Tilly and Lacie that Secret is fitting right in and feeling at home so easily. She sounds like a little smarty. I can picture her looking out the window and smiling.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Just one little big (well maybe not that big:HistericalSmiley:) very happy family. I love how Secret is fitting in so well.:wub:

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Well Secret has every reason in the world to be looking out that window and smiling....she hit the jackpot when she got you as her Mommy and Lacie and Tilly has her new big sisters! I would give anything to be at a traffic light next to you, glance over and see that beautiful trio in the backseat!!! I'm so HAPPY Secret is adjusting so well!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts