Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just love this little girl -- she makes me smile and keeps me laughing.:HistericalSmiley:

Secret is too tiny to get up and down on the bed, the sofa, the ottoman, etc. by herself. Both Lacie and Tilly can jump onto the ottoman and then onto the sofa or chair and we have a bench at the end of the bed that they can jump on easily and then get onto the bed.

Secret has learned to bark. Even if I'm not in that room and she wants onto the sofa or onto the bed, she will stand there and bark with this special bark that says "put me up".

And if she's on the sofa and I get up to go to the bathroom or kitchen, for example, and she thinks I'm gone too long, she'll do her special bark that says, "put me down".

And, of course, I come running to her every commend/wish. LOL :thumbsup: She's one smart cookie that has me wrapped around her paw.

BTW -- now that Jerry, DH, has met her, he's in love with her too.:wub: He thinks she's adorable. And, of course, she is!!! :)

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
I think I can say first hand that I know exactly what you mean :HistericalSmiley:

guess you could say "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" :innocent:

Ava can go up stairs...but not down. That little bugger will run all the way upstairs and up the doggie steps onto the bed...then bark for me to come up and get her!!!! And she'll do this two or three times in a row till I finally put a gate up across the stairs!! She knows she has me trained well :blush: :smstarz:

They sure know how to get their point across. I cannot believe how much I love that little girl. Oh, and my friends are now arguing over who gets her if something ever happens to me :w00t: She has my dad wrapped around her little paw, he's head-over-heels with her.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Awww - how cute she is! :wub:

Just love that we all love our little babies so much and can share these cute stories!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Lynn, Secret is so cute....she has you trained well...:HistericalSmiley:I cannot wait to meet you and your babies! I am trying to recooperate from the holiday chaos. I had over 30 people here Christmas Eve and my sister and her family has been here for a week. They just left...and guess what...I'm sick, what a surprise huh? :blink:

Rocky is keeping me warm and cozy on this cold and rainy day. :wub:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
omg you just described dolce. he doesnt get up or down anywhere. he barks to get lifted up and he barks to get down , n if i leave him on couch or bed , he barks to get off he cannot stand being alone or up there if we r not there , its the funniest thing.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I need an Ava to keep me in shape. Can I borrow her? :innocent:

guess you could say "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" :innocent:

Ava can go up stairs...but not down. That little bugger will run all the way upstairs and up the doggie steps onto the bed...then bark for me to come up and get her!!!! And she'll do this two or three times in a row till I finally put a gate up across the stairs!! She knows she has me trained well :blush: :smstarz:

They sure know how to get their point across. I cannot believe how much I love that little girl. Oh, and my friends are now arguing over who gets her if something ever happens to me :w00t: She has my dad wrapped around her little paw, he's head-over-heels with her.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
552 Posts
I remember when Dora was still too little too jump off the sofa, we had a bunch of family over for Easter and someone put her on the couch then they all left her for 10 minutes....she barked furiously for a little bit then got the best revenge, by peeing all over the sofa. Then my Grandma sat in it! (She still loves Dora despite that, which shows just how good Dora is at winning people over).

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Aren't they such characters??!! HAHA!!! Daisy has taken to wanting to go to bed earlier and she will go in the bedroom and do a certain bark to tell us it's time to go to bed. While we don't always want to go, one of us will go in and tell her good night :D

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
they r characters , dolce doesnt sleep with anyone unless its w me and my son damian , ( he sleeps w me ) and if i accidently forget him he scratches on my door n barks til i let him in. also he wakes me up by pawing me n giving me kisses if i dont pay attention. lol if i sleep late on weekends , u better believe he will bark so that he can be put down so that he can go pee.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Lynn - Secret's totally got you trained. I'm dying to know the next trick she's going to have you learn. :Waiting::smrofl: They'e so cute. Tyler isn't much of a barker but up in VT when we come in the house we hear this weird, mournful barking that he can't stand us being away another minute. He then goes crazy showering us with kisses. We have had 7 people at the house and he had to greet each one. So glad that Jerry is enjoying Secret. How's he doing?

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
At night Ava goes upstairs and gets into bed all by herself a lot of times. And she just stays there....sleeping....I have to carry the others up :blink:

When Ava says it's time for bed....we go to bed. :innocent:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
At night Ava goes upstairs and gets into bed all by herself a lot of times. And she just stays there....sleeping....I have to carry the others up :blink:

When Ava says it's time for bed....we go to bed. :innocent:

Pat, you are seriously wrapped :HistericalSmiley: Daisy's early bed is 7:30 sometimes...that's just waaaaay too early (she's probably tired herself out from tormenting everyone all day :blink:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts