Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to take a few pics of Secret's coat today after her bath. Remember that she arrived here the last week of September and had been bladed down with a #7 blade. So here she is 3 months later. I haven't trimmed her at all -- still waiting for her hair to get a little longer and will decide if I will let her grow back to show coat.

The worst is her face as it's still very short at the bridge of the nose. I think face hair is the slowest growing.

It will probably be August or September before she's in full show coat. What do you think?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
She looks great, Lynn! I can tell how thick her coat is and for how short it was cut it's growing out nicely. Good job!

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
her coat is coming in nicely and she's got a topknot!:wub: i'm thinking of putting some "Miracle Gro" on Reese to get her coat to grow, i can't wait until her hair is long enough for a topknot!

·
Premium Member
17,455 Posts
I am always the odd wad. I really like her short---she is, of course, cute no matter the cut! How do you ever keep up w/three?

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
I've seen Secret in pictures when she was in full coat in her show days, but this might be what she could look like somewhat: (courtesy of her daughter)

Full Coat
View attachment 92979

Medium Coat
View attachment 92981

Short Coat
View attachment 92982

There you have it. She'll be cute in any cut. I personally enjoy the "no" maintenance style :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pat -- You're right -- those are the 3 styles I will be choosing from and yep -- she will look like Ava. (Well actually Ava looks like her Mom, Secret. LOL)

I love Ava in her current cut and am tempted to go back to that one. Will wait at least another month and then decide.

Thanks for showing those pics. :)

BTW -- I love Ava's dress. Where did you get it?

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Pat -- You're right -- those are the 3 styles I will be choosing from and yep -- she will look like Ava. (Well actually Ava looks like her Mom, Secret. LOL)

I love Ava in her current cut and am tempted to go back to that one. Will wait at least another month and then decide.

Thanks for showing those pics. :)

BTW -- I love Ava's dress. Where did you get it?
Isn't that a great little dress! It's not actually Ava's though it's Nanci's and it's from Oscar Newman....we send it back and for each year...along with the birthday hat and the cake (fake cake). We've been having fun with it. Her and baby are half sisters and are the same size. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Her coat really is growing out nicely! I'm so glad you are getting pics because with Callie, I really couldn't tell how her coat was coming along until I would go back and look at pics. Normally I'm not a fan of the full show coat or the super short cut. I typically go for the teddy bear or town & country. But on Ava...I really LOVE the short cut. I'd be tempted to that with Secret now that we've seen Ava. :wub: I'd be scared spit-less to do it though. :HistericalSmiley: I hated it on Callie.

The muzzle and top knot are sooo slow to grow out. Then the legs I think. The body grows sooo fast. At least you don't have to grow out Secret's top knot. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Crystal -- You're so wrong. LOL When Secret arrived, she didn't have a top knot. It was like Ava's is now (done with about a 7 blade). And I can barely get the front into a band -- there's a lot of gel on that hair to get it to stay out of her eyes. LOL

I love the cut that you use (the middle cut on Ava). It's what I always keep on Tilly but Lacie usually has her legs a little bite shorter.

Since I love to put clothes on them, I doubt that I will keep Secret in show coat although, believe it or not, a show coat is much easier for me to keep than a cut down is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts