Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Matilda is so selfish, she belives everything is hers. Our 10 year old Muffy can't have anything without Matilda taking it. I give them both a chew and she grabs his right out of his mouth, and then lays on hers while she chews on his :new_Eyecrazy: I met a lady who had a 7 year old maltese, she invited Matilda and I in to her RV. Matilda took over all little Tia's toys and then her chews. I was embrassed, the lady gave both dogs a chicken strip, Matilda had hers ate and actually grabbed the strip out of Tia's mouth
Tia turned around looking for it, she never caught on that Matilda took it
will Matilda always be this way, or is it just because she is a puppy? Do any of you have this problem?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
interestingly, we had the opposite dilemma. up until recently, buttercup would be more than happy to share her toys/treats/food/mommy's lap with anyone (wait, take that one back, she wasnt HAPPY about sharing mommy's lap, but WOULD). i think she was just always being the gracious host or guest. she would wag her tail when other dogs came near her food, almost as if to say "oh yes, please have my food, it's very good! i hope you like it! would you like more? isn't it yummy?? i'm so glad i get it every day!"

her toys, she would act like a little child and bring them out of the toybox one by one. she'd bring them to visiting dogs or humans. almost as if she's saying "let me share with you each and every one of my lovely toys!"

now, she will give one "warning" growl to any dog that comes near her food. if the dog comes by a second time, she huffs and walks away sulking.

she still shares her toys with all sorts of happiness though.

ann marie and the "i enjoy my weight problem, and i WANT the extra fat, thankyouverymuch" buttercup

·
Registered
595 Posts
The Buttercups signature just cracked me up! Good thing I wasn't drinking milk or it would be out my nose right now!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Scooby is like that with his toys, we are not allowed to have them at all and if we do pick one up he scurries over and quickly takes it away. He is ok with his treats and food and never worries if we take anything like that from him but if we touch his toys that is different, they are his and no one else can have them, according to mr spoiled rotten, they are mine leave them alone Scooby Doo

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Msloke@Nov 9 2005, 03:37 PM
Sam does the same thing, the bully!  He's 4 months old, Cassie's 3 years old.  And she LETS him get away with it. 
  I can throw two balls down the hallway to play fetch, Sam and Cassie will try and take the same one away from each other, back and forth on the way back to me.  I just pick up a book and start reading 'cause it will take a while.  Cassie can't have anything for herself without him trying to take it away, well unless I put them in separate rooms.  Hopefully he will grow out of it. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118380
[/QUOTE]

That's funny about the game of fetch!

When I throw the ball to Kallie, Catcher will be the one to bring it back. But if he was lying down chewing on something in Kallie's path of bringing the ball back she used to just drop the ball right by him... she was afraid to go past him with the ball. But she's getting a lot more bold now and will often go past him with confidence.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts