Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I have a 4yo Maltese named Lucy who I absolutely adore. I wanted some advice as far as her health from those who might have similar situations.

Lucy is a very sensitive dog... to literally everything. She is severely allergic to vaccinations and has gastrointestinal issues that we are currently trying to figure out.

She has been to the VetER multiple times due to diarrhea and vomiting and was put on a low-fat gastrointestinal diet this past Jan. I am wondering if she possibly has IBS/IBD. She is also an extremely picky eater and if she doesn’t eat for an extended amount of time will vomit. We just got her blood work done and it came back normal and she is getting ready to receive an ultra-sound in a few hours.

We are listening to her Drs and doing the best we can but I thought it might be helpful to get advice from anyone who has a similar fur-baby. I feel awful and just want to get to the bottom of what has been causing her so much trouble.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello everyone! I have a 4yo Maltese named Lucy who I absolutely adore. I wanted some advice as far as her health from those who might have similar situations.

Lucy is a very sensitive dog... to literally everything. She is severely allergic to vaccinations and has gastrointestinal issues that we are currently trying to figure out.

She has been to the VetER multiple times due to diarrhea and vomiting and was put on a low-fat gastrointestinal diet this past Jan. I am wondering if she possibly has IBS/IBD. She is also an extremely picky eater and if she doesn’t eat for an extended amount of time will vomit. We just got her blood work done and it came back normal and she is getting ready to receive an ultra-sound in a few hours.

We are listening to her Drs and doing the best we can but I thought it might be helpful to get advice from anyone who has a similar fur-baby. I feel awful and just want to get to the bottom of what has been causing her so much trouble.
So sorry she is going through this. I‘m glad you are getting a ultra sound done. I will say my prayers for Luc.

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
I have a Maltese mix who had GI issues years ago and has been thriving under the care of a holistic vet. You'll be surprised at the difference it can make.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
My Whisper is a rescue and though he could easily pass for a Maltese, his DNA says otherwise. That said he had digestive issues that didn't clear up till he was about 18 months. Almost died twice before that. Can't give you advice because I just kept taking him to vets and trying whatever was suggested by them. I think you're doing the right thing by getting him tested. Hope your vets come up with the right solution for your precious pup.

Lainie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts