Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have anything that you keep that is sentimental to you about your Maltese?

As per my post about spaying Chanel, I have real sentimental value for her blanket. The breeder gave us a blanket to take her home in and everytime she pees on it or whatever, I just wash it and take care of it. It reminds me, everytime I see it, when I first got her and everything I have experienced with her thus far.
I do love her very much. So when the vets office couldn't find it recently and then was washing it repeatedly and what not, I was very concerned. My bf was like, Elegant (that's not my real name), give it up, they aren't giving it back, and I was like, the h*ll they aren't, I'm going over there right now and raising heck until I get that blanket! He didn't realize how much sentimental value it has!!!

Chanel, on the other hand, loves her one dog bone that the breeder also let us take with us when we got her. It was HUGE when we first got her, now it doesn't seem as big because she has grown over these past 3 months!! But I will also keep that bone.

What about you guys? I'm sure you have something!!!

~Elegant

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Our breeder gave Puddles a white fuzzy bear to take home. It was his same size and he would snuggle beside of it. Now he takes it by the ear and shakes it. I to remember the happy day of bring him home every time I stack up his toys. Thinking about putting it up before he distroys it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
We have Tiki's first real toy... a red frog puppet; eyes, tounge and squeeker all missing; chewed off by Tiki in the first week. He loves this toy, it is his favorite and therefore mine. I would be very sad if we ever lost it and I know he would never stop looking for it.

Judi

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Pictures means the most to me. I don't really have anything else.

·
Registered
416 Posts
The Boom Boom has a toy we call puppy. He's had it since he was born, but it wasnt given to us right away when we got him... They gave it to us about a week later... He was so excited to see it! Puppy has since had a nose-ectomy, but Boomer still carries it around..

It's funny because when we first got Boom he was smaller than puppy
Now he has no problem carrying puppy up the stairs.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
parker has a "puppy" too and he used to be smaller than it also. the only damage to puppy was from my moms dog whole ate a hole in its side, but i sewed it up. still has all of its squeekers. everytime we take parker out the house, the second he gets back he runs to find his puppy...he licks it and wimpers when he carries it around. it is very strange. i thought maybe he was having some mothering instincts but he also will tug with it and shake it also.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Lacey has a green moon. She just loves this toy. Takes it everywhere in the house with her. Going to order her another one...she is destroying this one. It is a quarter moon and she loves to chew the end. She puts it in her mouth, chews on it and takes her front legs and rubs the floor, or bed, or couch like a cat does with a scratching post.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I've hung on to this little puppy ring because it was Tuffy's favorite toy.. he pretty much has pulled out most of the stuffing now so I don't let him play with it anymore, but I'm keeping it
And of course, pictures are really, really sentimental.. Here's a picture of Tuffy wearing his favorite toy as a wee puppy.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
What a sweet picture!!!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The vet who took care of Pico first gave my granddaughter an album with pages to put pictures and to write in certain facts and milestones....just like the baby books human moms get.

I love to take it out every now and then and read it and look at his baby pictures and remember when he first came to live with us and I just get all sentimental.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I love looking at pictures of Lexi. It is so much fun to look at the ones from when I first got her. She was so small! I also like to keep track of her weight. I just have fun think about how she is over doubled in size since I got her.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i didnt get anything from my breeder when i brought jong-ee home..come to think of it, i should have asked!

theres no particular toy that jong-ee loves unlike everybody else..
i just treasure ALL of jong-ee's photos i have (i have now about 3000)
i love looking at her baby photos..i took a lot of video clips too so i enjoy watching them too..

its amazing how these little babies grow so fast !!

:eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
In 1987 we had 4 Maltese - Tiki, Angel, Cotton, and Bear. My husband took a picture that we had of them and gave to to someone he knew to paint the picture on a green sweatshirt. It was one of my Christmas presents. All of these babies have sent gone to doggie heaven and I can no longer fit into that sweatshirt but I still have it and always will.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts