Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I'm not an expert but I think Kodie might have a hard time if you get another dog. It seems like he's very attached to you and it might make him feel like he has to compete for your attention, so it could possibly make his separation anxiety worse. Not knowing Kodie or what his personality is like, I can't really tell. This is just my opinion, ignore it if it sounds dumb
. If you do want another dog, tell the breeders about kodie's personality, and I'm sure they will try to match his personality with a compatable dog.

A while back when our house was being remodeled, we moved into a relative's house and Peanut developed the worst separation anxiety. It really helped Peanut get over it when I would leave for a few minutes at a time. I usually took him for a walk to get coffee in the morning, and instead, I left him home alone for like 5 minutes. He eventually started to see that things were okay even though I was gone. He used to not pee, poo, eat or drink if I left the house. But after working at it and increasing the time I left him alone, he's okay with it. He goes on normally with out me now.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Mar 8 2005, 05:33 PM
Its the weirdest separation anxiety I have ever seen.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=41227
[/QUOTE]
Awww, he just loves him mommy!!!!

Hey, I just thought of this, since you are friendly with the breeder you got Kodie from and you still visit, how about asking the breeder if you could 'borrow' one of her dogs to see how Kodie would react to the other malt being in your house? Kind of have a trial run before commiting to another dog on a weekend or some time you have the whole day to spend with the doggies. I don't know if you have a close enough relationship with the breeder for her to agree to that, but she might go for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.