Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a sewing pattern to make a t-shirt for a maltese. I have looked every where. Ebay does have some patterns but not a t-shirt one. Please help

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by steponme@Nov 3 2004, 05:31 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a sewing pattern to make a t-shirt for a maltese. I have looked every where. Ebay does have some patterns but not a t-shirt one. Please help
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14712
[/QUOTE]

I've been searching for a pattern for a tee shirt too with no luck - I can only find jackets patterns. I would love to buy them, but Australia doesn't really sell them (that I can find anyway) and it just costs too much to ship them over here
My baby eats my money I'm sure...
... but seriously, it sort of puts me in a position where I can't afford to pay $20 for a shirt and $10 postage (or whatever it ends up being!).

I've resorted to just giving it a go at making my own pattern. I'm assuming that it is going to be the same as any tee-shirt, only a shorter width at the front and longer at the back, which will pull the arms forward a little.... ??? If I can make them at home, I can pretty much make one for $2. So I could have 10 or more shirts for the price of one being shipped over here! I still want to buy some things though... cos some of them are just GORGEOUS..

I'm going to have a play around with it this weekend.....

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I've heard somewhere about patterns but I don't remember anything about it. Have you checked at your local fabric stores?

HP has paper that you can print on using your print and then iron it onto cloth. I've see other paper by different manufactures, too.
HP Iron-on-basics

·
Registered
199 Posts
You could always buy one, take it apart, and make a pattern. If you make several it might be worth the investment, but if you only make one you might not want to do this.
Good luck on your search and let us know if you find one!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually have tried to take a small dog t-shirt and take it apart to get a pattern out of it, but I had trouble with the sleeves matching up. I have even tried looking at all the fabric stores and online. Do you think using a baby pattern t-shirt will work. I'm just all out of ideas.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a pattern for a doggy t-shirt. I haven't made one yet but here is the information and you can try to get one, bearing in mind that I purchased this in Canada, but it should be available in the U.S. also. Simplicity Crafts #8416. It includes all sizes from Small (up to 8") right up to Large (14"-16") The pattern has, as well as the t-shirt, a coat, raincoat and hat, and cat collars. Let me know if you are successful in finding this pattern.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I made a pattern out of a t-shirt I had bought for Pico by pinning each part, one at a time, onto a piece of brown paper and tracing around it. It wasn't the easiest thing to do and takes a lot of patience but when I cut out the fabric and used the original t-shirt to go by, it turned out pretty cute.

I made the shirt white with grey knit sleeves and collar. I wouldn't want anyone to look closely at the workmanship but it was just for the practice and I believe I could do a better job on a second one.

The tough part was making the pieces that loop around his hind quarters to keep the shirt from slipping up his torso. You have to sew strips then turn them inside out.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Nov 4 2004, 02:05 PM
I made a pattern out of a t-shirt I had bought for Pico by pinning each part, one at a time, onto a piece of brown paper and tracing around it.  It wasn't the easiest thing to do and takes a lot of patience but when I cut out the fabric and used the original t-shirt to go by, it turned out pretty cute. 

I made the shirt white with grey knit sleeves and collar.  I wouldn't want anyone to look closely at the workmanship but it was just for the practice and I believe I could do a better job on a second one. 

The tough part was making the pieces that loop around his hind quarters to keep the shirt from slipping up his torso.  You have to sew strips then turn them inside out.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14875
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called all the fabric stores here, and they said that pattern got discontinued.
when did you purchase your pattern?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts