Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tessa has crinkly hair and I'm not sure what shampoo and conditioner to buy her. The one that I'm using does not seem to be doing a good job and it does not brighten her. I've heard of Pure Paws but cannot seem to find it here in Canada. Is that a product highly recommended and if so is it safe to use on my black Yorkie-poo too? Her hair is wavy.

Any advice or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
I have been using and liking Chris Christensen Spectrum 10. I am using both the shampoo and conditioner.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been using and liking Chris Christensen Spectrum 10. I am using both the shampoo and conditioner.
Thanks for your comment to my question. I just placed an order for Chris Christensen's White on White and Black on Black system kits. Only 4oz bottles but good size to try before committing. I ordered from petempire.ca. The price is so much cheaper than Pure Paws so I hope that the product is good. Always like saving a few bucks.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
I am using Pur Paws shampoo and conditioner.......Love it. Does a wonderful job but I have to dilute it for both my babies and more so for Rain. It make the babies hair so soft, smooth and smells so good~~~~:wub:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've switched my order from the white on white for the maltese and the black on black for the yorkie-poo to two of the spectrum 10 system kits. Looking forward to the next bath. I also received my BowBiz bows today and I'm also going to order my Madan brush so I cannot wait to see my girls all spiffed up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
also consider first using on just the paws Clean Start, small amount not diluted,

then I use Day to Day shampoo
diluted.

And this is the Best conditioner out of 7 others I have tried, I also like that you lightly rinse off and
can stay in.

I order these from Cherrybrook online when they are not at a dog show.

·
Registered
754 Posts
When you say she has crinkly hair, do you mean it's damaged/dry?

My favourite shampoo and conditioner is from Green Beaver (a Canadian company) and it can be purchased from Well.ca. I am a huge fan of both companies and recommend trying it out. Their shampoos don't contain sulfates (like sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate--so common in both human and dog shampoos) which are highly drying and a skin and eye irritant. And their conditioners don't contain silicones, which don't actually make your hair healthier anyway--they only temporarily make it appear healthy and require harsh sulfate-based shampoos to remove the buildup--which makes your hair unhealthy!

Here's my favourite:
Buy Green Beaver Shine Enhancing Apple Mint Shampoo from Canada at Well.ca - Free Shipping
Any of the Green Beaver shampoos and conditioners seem to be great though. In fact I'm in love with a lot of their other products too. Well has surpassed my expectations every time. They package everything well, their website is straight forward, and shipping is fast and cheap!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts