Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I was wondering what shampoo's you guys all use. I am looking
for a good shampoo that smells good and leaves the coat very soft.

I have also heard a lot about the Ice on Ice conditioning spray, but I read
on their site that it really doesn't have a sent.

I also remember reading a post on a Natural plum shampoo or something. Just
wondered if that made the coat soft and if you found out what magazine it
was in?

Currently I am using Coat Handler shampoo and conditioner and also use it
for the spray on conditioner but the spray bottle they have for it leaves them
soaking wet.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I'm using PetSilk right now but I'm going to try Bless the Beasts next. For daily grooming I've hard a lot of good things about Ice on Ice. I will be ordering some of that soon.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by lethalfire@Oct 14 2005, 10:00 AM
where do you get bless the beast and which products?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109633
[/QUOTE]
Bless the Beasts' Official Site
The Rusty Dog
QVC- Detangling Shampoo
QVC- Soothing Shampoo
QVC- Nourishing Shampoo

Most people use the Detangling shampoo. I've also heard that the fur polish pomade is REALLY good. Someone said the shampoo has a conditioner in it so you don't have to use an actually conditoner.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
I use Bless the Beast and love it. Not only do you not have to use a conditioner but it helps getting the tangles out. Plus it smells good (to me, anyway). As Lady'sMom said the pomade is wonderful. All I have to do is rub that on a mat and it makes getting the mat out such much easier.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
I would just use a tiny bit of the Coat Handler 15:1 conditioner diluted w/water in a spray bottle or the Ice on Ice.

I love Coat Handler products. I have found you have to play with the concentration to get it right for each coat. 15:1 is a guideline.

Other shampoos I like:
Pure Paws
Crown Royal
Pantene
for a clarifying shampoo I used Tresamme

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JMM when you use the Coat Handler as a spray on conditioner, do you
use their spray bottle? That is what I have and it just Soaks poor Cosmo, or
is he suppose to get that wet??

Plus Cosmo does have a more cottony coat.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Originally posted by lethalfire@Oct 14 2005, 10:47 AM
Hello all, I was wondering what shampoo's you guys all use.  I am looking
for a good shampoo that smells good and leaves the coat very soft.

I have also heard a lot about the Ice on Ice conditioning spray, but I read
on their site that it really doesn't have a sent.

I also remember reading a post on a Natural plum shampoo or something.  Just
wondered if that made the coat soft and if you found out what magazine it
was in?

Currently I am using Coat Handler shampoo and conditioner and also use it
for the spray on conditioner but the spray bottle they have for it leaves them
soaking wet.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109624
[/QUOTE]
I just purchased Plum White and have used it once on my malts. It has a light coconut smell that is not too strong. I think I like the way it made their coats look and feel. I also have used Coat Handler and still use the conditioner. I also just started using Ice on Ice and I like it better than the coat handler spray.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I am now using Plum Silky shampoo. I purchased it from the groomer because shipping was outrageous! I love it! :D I have also tried Pet Silk whitening shampoo & conditioner and Bless the Beasts. Neither one of them have much of a scent to me. I love how Plum Silky makes her smell!
and the smell lasts! And it leaves her sooo soft! I also love the Pet Silk leave in conditioner - this smells great, to me- but they have since changed the formula so I'm not sure what the rainforest scent will be like. I did purchase the Coat handler conditioner and dilute it for a leave in but I miss the smell of the pet silk, especially since Abbey potties outside and needs something to freshen her up!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Peanut has a cottony coat, his hair use to be super straight as a puppy, but now he's more fluffy and Bless the Beasts is GREAT!! I got the set from QVC. I really like that I don't have to use a separate conditioner anymore. I got the soothing set because they were out of the detangling (sp?) set when I ordered and the boys never get mats anymore. I can't wait to try the detangling shampoo. Maybe it's just me, but I find that they smell cleaner longer even after playing outside.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just found out that is what my groomer used the other day, only
she used thier dirty dog, then their oatmeal creame rinse followed
by their spray on conditioner. I am leaning towards the Plum and the Berry
tearless, oatmeal creame rinse I haven't decided on the spray conditioner.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Oct 14 2005, 01:16 PM
Peanut has a cottony coat, his hair use to be super straight as a puppy, but now he's more fluffy and Bless the Beasts is GREAT!!  I got the set from QVC.  I really like that I don't have to use a separate conditioner anymore.  I got the soothing set because they were out of the detangling (sp?) set when I ordered and the boys never get mats anymore.  I can't wait to try the detangling shampoo.  Maybe it's just me, but I find that they smell cleaner longer even after playing outside.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109688
[/QUOTE]

So you haven't even tried the fur pomade yet? You'll love it! I used to swear by Petsilk's Liquid Silk, but the fur pomade is much better.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
I recently switched to the Chris Christensen products and I love them. The day to day shampoo smell like coconuts, the after bath smells a little like cherries. Sassy smells wonderful after her bath. Yummy

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
I switch between three different shampoos and conditioners and I love they way Toby's cottony coat feels.

I use Pet Silk's Whitening Shampoo and Conditioner. I use this product about once a month.

I use Matrix's So Silver. It is a human shampoo for silver or white hair. It really does brighten his hair.

Finally I use Biolage's Hydrating Shampoo and the Conditioning Balm. Again, this is a human product.

These products have really made a difference in his coat. I was using the Liquid Silk (the human version of it) and I actually like the feel of it when I don't use it. I also have the Pet Silk Spray in Conditioner and frankly, I am not too fond of that either. I have found that by using just shampoo and conditioner on Toby, I achieve better results than when I use other products. JMO

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom+Oct 14 2005, 02:53 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-littlepeanut
@Oct 14 2005, 01:16 PM
Peanut has a cottony coat, his hair use to be super straight as a puppy, but now he's more fluffy and Bless the Beasts is GREAT!!  I got the set from QVC.  I really like that I don't have to use a separate conditioner anymore.  I got the soothing set because they were out of the detangling (sp?) set when I ordered and the boys never get mats anymore.  I can't wait to try the detangling shampoo.  Maybe it's just me, but I find that they smell cleaner longer even after playing outside.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109688
So you haven't even tried the fur pomade yet? You'll love it! I used to swear by Petsilk's Liquid Silk, but the fur pomade is much better.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109701
[/B][/QUOTE]
Oooh, I totally forgot about that!! I was so excited about the shampoo that I never even used the pomade...Now just have to remember where I put it...
I did use the scented spray after Tic got neutered. lol, he smelled clean, but he didn't look clean

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
alright LOL there are just too many choices. What does the
Blest the Beast smell like?

I have checked into the Natures Specialties and they are outrageous in
shipping if I am reading correct. I haven't checked yet but I have a hunch
that my groomer just uses it not sells it. So I might have to lean towards the
Bless the Beast. Is it concentrated? I would appreciate all and any info you
can give me on it

thanks everyone

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Sassy's mommy@Oct 14 2005, 02:00 PM
I recently switched to the Chris Christensen products and I love them. The day to day shampoo smell like coconuts, the after bath smells a little like cherries. Sassy smells wonderful after her bath. Yummy

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109704
[/QUOTE]
I just noticed that have a little sample kit for $10. When I order my #006 and the Ice on Ice I'm thinking of getting it. It would be a nice way of trying the product with out having to spend a fortune.

This is the one I'm thinking of getting.
Our product sequence for breeds not requiring a color treatment:
1.  Day to Day Shampoo 4 oz.
2.  Thick N Thicker Foaming Protein 4 oz.
3.  After Bath 4 oz.
4.  Ice on Ice 2 oz.[/B]

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I'm not wild about the smell of the Bless the Beasts shampoo. It's not a bad smell (to me it smells a bit like carpet shampoo) just not a great smell like Petsilk. I don't think the fur pomade even has a scent.

I don't care that much about the smell, though. The products work great on Lady's coat.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Originally posted by Sassy's mommy@Oct 14 2005, 02:00 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109704
[/QUOTE]

I've switched to CC products as well! I really love the products better than anything I have used, including Bless the Beast. There are more steps to the CC system, but the result is really really worth it.

Now if I can only afford all the brushes I need!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.