Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a support group, and since I am here all the time now, it may as well be here. Here is my history. I have three skin kids, ages 3,4 1/2, and days away from 7. When my daughter (last) was born, my weight had sky rocketed, and I was barely fitting into size 16/18. I was breastfeeding, and I didn't want to jeopardize my health or Kiersten's food supply. I finally found Herbalife, began using their program, and in the first two weeks I lost 15 pounds and felt great. And b.t.w. I took the products to my gyn and pediatrician and got both their approvals. The initial weight loss has remained off, and then about a year ago, I decided to really try to lose more weight, and again in 2 or 3 weeks, I went from my 12 to a 8. Herbalife has now introduced Shapeworks (which helped my last weight loss) and I have never felt better (or at least most of the time).
But here is where my problem comes in. I have in the last year developed some medical conditions which make my weight loss so miserably slow, and weight gain quick. In 1 month I gained 20 pounds due to a new medicine they were trying. None of my ShapeWorks interferes with my meds either. I even had one doc say she was amazed I hadn't gained a lot of weight with the conditions, and I just had to give credit to Herbalife.
I am determined again to loose once again. But I need some help and support. Can I get it here? You can be extremely critical or hateful, just keep me determined. BTW I became a distributor, so if you want any info just pm me and I'll be glad to give info.
Thanks Y'all!!!
Angie - my goal is just to get back to my size 8!!!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
thats great!! my sister actually became a supervisor and has a bunch of her herbalife stuff. she tried selling it for a few months---and we didnt succeed with that.

anyway, my point is that we have a bunch of products, that she bought at 50% discount---so if you'd like to take it off her hands...PM me.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm interested and also need a "support group".

I'm at the most weight I've ever experienced. Here's my situation:

I'm a 9-1-1 Telecommunicator. We work 10 hr shifts 4 days a week. For the past several months, we've been working ALOT of OT because we have one off due to medical problems, and prior to his absence we were 2 short already.

Presently, I am working anywhere from 20-35 hrs OT every 2-week pay period. That's ALOT of sitting. I do walk around the comm center alot while I'm working.

I eat 2 meals a day, and do not snack at all while at work. My meals are very reasonable. Ex: 2pc chicken, small serving green beans, and small serving mashed potatoes. Black coffee (add NO sugar) and ice water I'm addicted too. I've not bought a drink out of the drink machine in months, and they removed the snack machine a year or so ago because the snacks were getting old before they were bought.

In 2000, when my wife & I started dating, I weighed a wonderful 180 lbs. Now, married, 5 years later, and even older, I'm at a HORRIBLE 260 lbs. The majority of my weight is in my stomach region.

Jan. 2005 I tried a "Lo-No Carb" diet that I came up with using the same philosophy that my dad tried to explain from Adkins. I managed to loose 10 lbs, but didn't feel quite up to par, and I've read where that is a dangerous way to lose weight, so I immediately stopped until I could do research.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Hamsby97, My approach to weight loss has always been to eat moderate portions of "healthy" foods such as lots of fruits and vegetables along with lean or fat free protein. I stay away from processed foods as much as possible. And exercise is a key ingredient to weight loss. I use the Diet Power software to track my calories and nutrients. Diet Power It is amazing how when you see the calories, fat, etc. that you've eaten what an impact it makes.

Even though there may not be anything blatantly harmful in the Herbalife products, I would not touch them myself. I just trust wholesome food choices better.

I applaud you for working to get the extra pounds off. If I were you I would have a few private consults with a nutritionist (M.S. or Ph.D). Since you mention medicine and a medical condition may be playing a role in this, etc., I think a few sessions with a nutritionist would be very helpful.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Awww, I am sorry to hear about your guys' weight battles.
My husband also bounces back and forth at times anywhere from 220-35. His highest was 265 which was right before we were married. He was a football player all through highschool and some college and so when he quit he wasn't in the gym like he used to be and really bulked up around the belly area. Anyway he was able to loose 45lb before our wedding. I know what helped him was he constantly had a glass of ice water to sip on throughout the day. He gave up his ice cream (which was a struggle he is an ice cream-aholic
) and candy bar-snack foods. He ate a lot of salads...lettuce is a negative calorie food-meaning that you burn more calories digesting it, than the calories you bring in by eating it. He ate/eats these salads with the light ranch dressing. I say increase your water intake and then your diet in more fruits and vegetables because not many have fat ( I think coconut and advacado (spelling) are the only 2 I can think of right now that has fat.) Another thing I have heard is to eat an apple a little bit before you eat your meal, it will help you have a full sensation and you wont eat as much. Scott if you are only eating 2 meals a day, sometimes that can hurt more than help because your body is only used to getting food/energy 2x a day so it will begin to store up extra fat to have energy to make up for the skipped meals. Best of luck to the both of you and anyone else with this battle because I know how tough/frustrating it can be since we go through it with my husband.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie@Jul 17 2005, 10:48 AM
Awww, I am sorry to hear about your guys' weight battles.
  My husband also bounces back and forth at times anywhere from 220-35.  His highest was 265 which was right before we were married.  He was a football player all through highschool and some college and so when he quit he wasn't in the gym like he used to be and really bulked up around the belly area.  Anyway he was able to loose 45lb before our wedding.  I know what helped him was he constantly had a glass of ice water to sip on throughout the day.  He gave up his ice cream (which was a struggle he is an ice cream-aholic
) and candy bar-snack foods.  He ate a lot of salads...lettuce is a negative calorie food-meaning that you burn more calories digesting it, than the calories you bring in by eating it.  He ate/eats these salads with the light ranch dressing.  I say increase your water intake and then your diet in more fruits and vegetables because not many have fat ( I think coconut and advacado (spelling) are the only 2 I can think of right now that has fat.)  Another thing I have heard is to eat an apple a little bit before you eat your meal, it will help you have a full sensation and you wont eat as much.  Scott if you are only eating 2 meals a day, sometimes that can hurt more than help because your body is only used to getting food/energy 2x a day so it will begin to store up extra fat to have energy to make up for the skipped meals.  Best of luck to the both of you and anyone else with this battle because I know how tough/frustrating it can be since we go through it with my husband. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=82111
[/QUOTE]

The 2 meals a day is also keeping my husband from losing weight because he is not keeping his metabolism "on". That's what Weight Watchers is all about......eating frequently enough to keep the metabolic rate going. Investigate WW and you'll see what I mean. I'll bet when you count the points you are presently eating you will be surprised how much MORE you can eat and actually lose the weight!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just wanted to also let you know that I have consulted with all my medical doctors who give a thumbs up to my Herbalife products. And for me, I have trouble controlling portion sizes, and using will power, and all that good stuff. So for me it is much easier to fix my shake and take my vitamins when I am supposed to. I have 2 shakes per day, most days, along with a couple of snacks, ie yogurt, fruit, or a protein bar. Then I have 1 regular meal. For me since the shakes have so much protein, I eat less at my meal times because I am still full. But not eating often enough definitely causes issues, I know. But I am grateful for the people here who are trying as well, so maybe we can give each other the positive support we need...
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am finally getting my mindset back. I am doing well with having my 2 shakes a day and taking my vitamins. I am not hungry at all, which isn't my problem to begin with. Like I said before, it is just easier for me to not have to keep a food journal, try to keep up with points, or anything like that. So for me, this is the easiest, and yet still healthy way to begin losing those extra pounds. One thing that I would say for Weight Watchers ( and I am not criticizing) but their ideal weights are too low for most body structures. I think they just need to update some of their ideas, as the health world has done, by recommending more muscle tone (which weighs more). JMO.
Angie
PS Hope everyone else is doing well with whatever way the choice to try to be healthier!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts